Format: Cards|Change

on 24 March 2011
I cannot reccomend the storyworld cards enough - I already own the original set and within days of purchasing it I bought this one. The illustrations are extraordinary, and it is a delight to discover each new card as you first flip through the deck. I would imagine that this would be a fantastic addition to any child's library, and a wonderful exercise for young storytellers: as an illustrator, this just as worthy a purchase. I was glad to see that Wayne Anderson had created more cards for this set, though he is the only illustrator from the original set that does so. Three others contribute to this are Sandy Nightingale, Levi Pinfold and Kellie Strom, all of whom are excellent however Strom's contributions seem a little out of place - the colour scheme is a little jarring in conparison to the other cards softer tones. I also feel that the original cards were a lot more cryptic and detailed than the ones in this set. In each card in the original set there were many smaller, intertwined narratives in each illustration which made it so that any number of stories could be made with just one card. In this set, however, the images and the questions posed on the back of the cards are much more straightforward.
Despite this, this is still a fantastic product for artists and children alike. It's worth saying that there are less cards in this pack, but at this price that is unsuprising. They are still beautifully packaged and come with a storytelling booklet, similar to that in the original set. Needless to say, I will be buying all of the storyworld sets I can - there's nothing quite like them.
on 4 October 2015
Perfectly packaged and arrived rapidly. However, for most of the cards, the artwork is quite faint and muted, so it feels as if I am looking at them through a fine veil. I can not work out if it is the original colour of the art, or the print tone. They are in immaculate condition at a great price, so am a little disappointed. The other Storyworld sets are all excellent.
on 11 July 2010
Just starting up my own storytelling business has been enhanced by the purchase of these cards and other sets in the series. Everytime a different tale to tell keeps the mind on its toes. They are also a great assest to my writing when the dreaded Block is upon me.
Wonderful value for such a quality item.
Highly recommended for creative people and for teachers who want to explore the storytelling children and adults can produce.
on 2 September 2013
Beautifully illustrated, well packaged, well printed and good value, complete with a simple guide to the particular cards. Another excellent addition to the StoryWorld cards.
on 2 February 2014
great boooks and fab idea. came quickly and in tip top condition very pleased with purchase and have bought others in the set too
on 14 October 2015