Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 February 2013
This was a favourite of my children's early years, and a favourite when I was young - how sad I am, then, to see that the text has been edited and the "difficult" words taken out for the poor dummies who don;t know how to use a dictionary! Also a large chunk of the original story has simply vanished, so that the reading experience is much thinner and disappointing. I found a first-edition with the original text and bought that instead. Boo, whoever decided to change a classic!
on 22 February 2016
Very charming book, perfect for our Christmas book collection and no doubt we'll read it year after year. The story is very sweet, a little pedestrian but it's easier to forgive the obvious at Christmas and just enjoy the sentimentality and quaintness of it all! Very sad to read another review on here that said the story had been changed - that would definitely account for it feeling a little disjointed. Think I'll look out for one of the original editions!

The one real drawback is that I was a quite disappointed in the quality of the images printed inside. They look a little blurrier than you'd expect (definitely a printing issue rather than an issue with the original paintings). It just feels like the publishers couldn't be bothered to get it right, which is a real shame as ultimately this is a very darling little book.
on 10 October 2013
Little Grey Rabbit books are charming - simple, easily understood stories with beautiful illustrations. In our family we read them as children and we are now introducing these books to our grandchildren. The 2 year old for whom I bought this book loves it and takes it to bed with her to look at the last happy picture before sleeping.
on 19 February 2013
I bought this as a Christmas Gift for my Mum, who had recently fondly recalled the book. Needless to say, I just had to read it first before wrapping it up. Mum loved it. It's beautifully interested and an easy and entertaining read. Good for any age!
on 14 January 2014
I have been buying a few of these books from Amazon for my grandaughter. Memories of my favourite books when I was a child.

We love reading them together and this one once again did not disappoint. We love it.
on 21 March 2013
This was bought for my great-great-grand-daughter as a Christmas present. She is an animal lover, and this will appeal to her sensibilities. The illustrations are wonderful.
on 1 March 2013
Old fashioned bit nothing wrong with that, good for reading to children. To be kept and passed down through the family.
on 1 December 2012
My grandchildren like it as much as I did as a small child. To be read together and enjoyed? A classic
on 18 April 2015
Bought it as a present - and just what young children should be reading - a delight!!!
on 9 April 2015
another great book in excellent condition