Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 January 2014
I've been looking for books like this for ages. Something that combines the motivational with the practical, with lots of good advice and ways to improve mood. I've read both "Happy" and "Calm" from the series and both have really made a difference. I was new to CBT before reading them, but I really like the techniques because they were easy to understand and they actually worked!
on 22 February 2014
After reading the 'Sleep' book I decided to give another one from the series a go too. It's kept me company for a couple of weeks on my commute and if there's a EVER a time to need to remain calm, then that's it. Just the right balance of proper advice with a friendly tone. I particularly found the Stress Control section a real eye opener.
on 16 July 2014
My mum bought me this so i thought i would give it a try and i am glad i did. This book is great.. practical tasks for you to try, like hundreds of them, and u can chose the best ones that work for u. Just need a notepad to do them in! I went to cbt therapy and she told me all the stuff I read in this book and the happy version. Thanks jo and jessamy you have made my brain a happier place!
on 24 March 2014
This book is/has been very useful. I would definitely recommend it. It would be even better if there were some case studies to show how the ideas work in practise.
on 5 March 2014
Very easy to read, very helpful, the exercises were quick, easy and achievable (these would normally stop me reading!) Something to dip in and out of when needed. Recommend to anyone!
on 4 March 2014
I bought this book along with the others in the series and I have found them incredibly helpful. They are easy to read but also really instructive. I would thoroughly recommend.
on 30 March 2014
I have only just started reading this one as still working on the other book for sleeping. But again would recommend it to anyone who needs help being calm.
on 8 February 2014
What a great book - really helpful and very interesting. I thought it was written in a friendly narrative, backed up by sound psychological advice – which I could understand! Full of practical check lists to focus your mind and help you put in to action the suggestions. Easy to follow, easy to understand, easy to read and easy to do. Also, it’s the perfect size to put in my bag and take with me. This book is part of a series and as well as recommending them to my friends, I’ve also ordered some of the others because I found this one so helpful.
on 19 August 2015
This is an excellent easy to read book which covers A. Beck's CBT theory. It can be useful to anyone wishing to help themselves and so assist in taking control of their lives by considering their own thoughts and responses.
on 9 January 2015
This is great advice without any new age nonsense cliches. If you internalize the advice and follow it constantly it will transform your overall mindset and your life. Recommended.