5.0 out of 5 stars GET YOUR GLOVES ON ,THERE'S A CHILL IN THE AIR!, 11 Nov 2011
S. Groves "Stephen Groves" (Loughton Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Gloves Volume I & II [jhc] (Hardcover)
Red Gloves, the two volume book by christopher fowler proves to be a new benchmark in short story collections.I now have a whole new set of favorite stories from the moving and atmospheric Down, to The Boy Thug, Velocity of Blame, Archangel and the apocalyptic Beautiful Men. The prose will transport the reader within a few sentences from the gloomy darkness of the London Underground system to the stifling heat of India before monsoon season. There are passages within these stories which provoke not only emotion but an almost cinematic experience from the vividly descriptive images.

I read some of this book on the way to work on the train. Within one story length, I wanted to head back home so i could read another one. It really is that good.
I have only one criticism. I want more - but then I devoured this 25 tale book in three days. For fans of the Bryant & May mysteries, the book includes two great short stories about these incorrigible detectives.

Believe me this is writing of the highest standard .One word discribes this book
:Phenomenal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fail safe purchase, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Red Gloves Volume I & II [jhc] (Hardcover)
Again Christopher Fowler is up to his usual standard. I couldn't put it down. I have yet to find one of Mr Fowjers books that doesn't please me. Keep them coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius writing & story telling, 14 Jan 2014
Mr. C. J. Hall "cmunk5" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Gloves Volume I & II [jhc] (Hardcover)
Yes I've been a fan for years so I was looking forward to his rather absent short story collections. It was worth the wait though. I loved every story in this book and was engrossed all the way through. Just didn't want it to end. I wish he would publish more works like this. Buy it. You will love every page turn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fowler, 8 Jan 2013
Mr. M. Roberts "Glazenwood" (Essex, U.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Gloves Volume I & II [jhc] (Hardcover)
Fowler's epic short stories never fail to hit hard. On the back of Fowler's previous short story compendiums, this doesn't disappoint in any way x

Red Gloves  Volume I & II  [jhc]
Red Gloves Volume I & II [jhc] by Chrstopher Fowler (Hardcover - 10 Jan 2011)
16.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available