on 29 January 2013
I absolutely loved this issue of the boys. We return to a lot of characters from the first book. We see The Seven return along with Teenage Kix which I was hoping for.

This one is split into two stories both of which are fantastic and unlike the last issue all the art is by Darick Robertson which again is much more enjoyable.

In this issue we find out a lot more about why the boys do what they do but it's more of a telling about Vought America's back story which I thought was great. We see a lot more of The Legend and more development on Hughie and Annie's (Starlight) story. We also see the return of Blarney Cock. We also see Butcher and The Homelander meeting for a chat/argument and I am looking forward to see more of this.

Again this was a graphic novel I had to read in one sitting. I find that with most issues of The Boys. The more I read the more I'm getting addicted and I can't wait to get the 4th one now. If you've read and liked 1 and 2 you'll love this one. If you haven't I'd suggest starting at the beginning.
Many readers of Falcata Times will know just how highly we prize any offering by Garth Ennis who we just can't wait to receive. Lets face it, you have his typical humour his touch of the weird and above all a blending of the best and worst of emotional traits within each of his characters that make him essential reading. Personally I'm a massive fan of Wee Hughie who brings a touch of innocence to the tale along with a growing understanding of the world in which he lives as he tries to help prevent others suffering from the same heartache that he went through. Add a burgeoning love interest for the character along with strong storylines and it's a Superhero tale for the noughties. Essential reading for all graphic novel aficionado's although with an adult theme.
on 15 May 2009
The Boys: Good for the soul was a good addition to the boys universe it helped drive the characters and plot along without feeling forced. Plot wise there was a lot of exposition about the history of the The Boys universe but it seemed a necessary evil to be able to fully understand the superheroes and peoples hatred of them.

It has definately kept me eagerly awaiting volume 4 and I'll be interested to see how everything progresses. To put it simply if you enjoyed the first 2 volumes you'll enjoy this but if you're just looking for a comic to pick up and read you'll either want to start at the beginning of the series with The Boys: Name of the Game vol. 1 or just go and read Marvel.
on 5 October 2009
this is the 3rd installment from our anti heros and its keeping the pace up nicely. good character development on hughie and butcher, plot unfurling nicely with some background on butcher and "the homelander" and what happened to "the lamp lighter". here we are getting a feeling of our story settling in to a nice epic, plenty questions still left to answer like the pasts of frenchie and the female to answer, and unless ennis suffers from any major lapses in creativity or storytelling, i will be continuing to buy this series. really enjoyable. my only concern is that it goes on for too long like the preacher, time will tell....
on 1 April 2014
I have to assume that at this point in the series you will have realised that you and Mr Ennis are not going to be on a perfect trip together. So you will laugh more than expected at certain points, miss in jokes and find the odd section of rhetoric dull. But if you do just come back and re-read in 10 years. As Mohammed Ali said if you think the same things at 30 as you did at 20 then you have wasted 10 years.
on 12 April 2013
I loved vol 1, bought vol 2 and thought ok this was too good to last.

But thank God vol 3 is back to the great story telling of vol one.

Only complaint so far is why soo little action for something that is about super heros. I don't really like action but this is missing it almost completely. 3 books in and hardly seen what these heros can actually do.
on 8 September 2014
was happy with delivery. but when i read though a few there was pages stuck together. was not to happy with that
on 2 July 2015
One of the best GN series I have read. Up there with The Preacher ! Great story and great art work.
on 6 April 2009
If you read and enjoy any kind of super hero books then The Boys turns everything you thought you knew on its head. Who watches the Watchmen? The Boys do and will dish out a damn good kicking if they step out of line!

Garth Ennis is really right at the top of his game here, following similar themes to some of his previous works but taking everything that bit further. The characters in this book (and its sequels) are believable and engaging in a way almost unheard of in this kind of book. Its got sex, its got drugs, its got lashings of ultra-violence and its all handled with a great sense of humour, what more could you want? By the end of this book you'll have totally stopped dreaming about being a superhero and will want to join The Boys!

Five stars is just not enough for this one!
on 4 February 2016
Have them all in the series, brilliant, hilarious once you start you can't stop! Xx