Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 22 October 2011
This compilation of early Hagar strip is a joy to read. I've always liked the classic newspaper strips, and I hope it is a tradition that will continue for throughout my lifetime. Hagar belongs to the Connecticut school along with the works of Mort Walker, with whom Hagar creator Dick Browne did the family strip 'Hi & Lois'. Walker also based his 'Beetle Bailey' supporting character 'Plato' on Browne, so there is a connection there. For a comic buff like me those stories are always fun. Hagar and Beetle Bailey are, along with the sadly underrated but wonderfully surreal Mort Walker & Jerry Dumas meta-strip 'Sam's Strip', my favorite members of the Connecticut family, and it was great to receive this little hard cover edition.
As a dane it was fun to find out that Hagar's extremely unhygienic crew man is named ' Dirty Dirk' in English, as he is named Dirty Arthur in the Danish translation. Very nice packaging, and a great little book.
on 22 April 2010
Hagar the horrible is an old classic most of us have read in the newspapers.

It's fascinating to see how timeless this comic is. Even the 73-74 vintage holds its own today.
on 25 October 2011
hagar got even better as he went along ave big pile of books
like this but hagar is by far the best to relax to before
going to bed
on 21 May 2013
Completely bonkers! More books in this series please....You publish more of them and I'll keep on buying them!!!! My favourite cartoon series of all time.
on 19 January 2013
as always hagar made me laugh with his antics. the cartoon strips are well thought out and funny. dik browne never fails to keep me amused.
on 2 December 2010
Me and my family, right down to my 11 year old sister, love Hagar the Horrible. The characters are brilliant. I also find it a good present to get for friends when I'm not sure what to get them as i can be fairly sure none of them have even heard of it. So far they all seem to have enjoyed it too.
on 18 August 2015
The book arrived on time but the packaging was a bit too small and caused a slight tear to the dust cover on the book. The book itself is everything that I could have wished for, I love it's gentle humour.
on 12 May 2013
I`m so glad the daylies is now coming in books. Hagar is a long time favorite and I`m looking forward to the rest of the series.
on 25 December 2012
Hagar the Horrible's comic strip has been one of my favourites and now hopefully there will be more of these annuals come out.
on 18 March 2015