Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 July 2014
This fills in some of the facts about our wonderful language that schools don't always get round to teaching our children and students these days.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2014
I have always been fascinated by grammer and this book is very interesting to any boring old person like me!
on 15 January 2014
cIt is always important to have a good grasp of one's mother tongue as it is always important to be able to
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2014
I'm a sucker for anything to do with language - being so bad at it. I really enjoyed this book
on 4 January 2015
Very good product, many thanks, excellent service
on 24 January 2015
OK
on 1 March 2014
Came across it on the radio, was intrigued and bought a copy. I gave it to my husband as a Christmas present who found it interesting too.
on 1 December 2013
I am so glad that I was not in Harry's class for French German and Latin. As pointed-out by another reviewer this book is a cobbled-together pantomime-horse; it is dry, academic, barely humorous, not amusing nor overly entertaining.
I hope that this book is not being promoted as some kind of stocking-filler: having clawed my way to half-way point, hoping to see a vestige of light at the end of the tunnel, but disappointed time-after-time, nearly ended-up using said stocking as a ligature.
on 26 August 2014
Fascinating. A must-read for anyone interested in our language.
on 28 October 2014
I have only just started to read it; so far, so good.