5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the Best Mistake ever!
I was sent this book by Hay House to review for Shed Simove and I have to say that I loved reading this book so much and I found so many useful tips inside that it is plastered with post it notes so that when I feel I need a little Successful advice I can easily find just what I'm looking for.

'Success or your Money back' contains 30 success tips that are easy...
Published on 25 Nov. 2012 by Dawn Brierley ~ A Page of Fict...

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
Honestly. Don't waste your money. It's all the same stuff listed everywhere else. Furthermore, worth noting that if you want your money back (as per the title), you need to make a video and post it on YouTube. Not really a money back approach most people would want to use.
Published on 10 Jan. 2013 by Swiftbrook

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the Best Mistake ever!, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)

'Success or your Money back' contains 30 success tips that are easy to implement into your working life. Some of my favourite tips include 'The 33% rule' where you have to remember that 33% of the population will hate your idea, 33% of the population will LOVE your idea, and 33% won't give a damn about what you do. So you are encouraged to focus upon that 33% that will LOVE what you do! This helps to eliminate the fear that everyone will hate you and your idea. You only need think about 33% of the population.

Another favourite of mine is discovering what men do better than women - self promotion. Most of us ladies fidn it really hard to toot our own trumpet yet men can't seem to stop and according to Shed, this is what stops many women from succeeding. So Shed shows you a few ways you can effectively self promote.

I'll share another with you, Shed says it's so important to WRITE YOUR IDEA DOWN the second you get it because chances are (and I agree) that if you don't you'll forget it! And that idea could be the very thing that brings you success. I love this idea, because as a Self confessed post-it-note queen, I now have the perfect excuse to always have a post it handy!

Throughout reading this book I found many of fears of success elimate themselves from within me. I feel that it has the power to calm and center you so that you step out of fear and into success which is essentially what you need to do in order to be successful.

Shed promises that if by the end of reading this book you don't feel that you benefited from it and would like your money back he tells you how to go about doing this - but buying this book could quite possibly be the best mistake you've ever made!

One last thing, Shed advises that you pay attention to detail and a little tip from me : Read EVERY single page and I mean EVERY single page ;) There is something quite original that brought a smile to my face.

(Review posted on my blogs [...] and [...] )

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, witty and full of hugely useful business savvy, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
Why don't they teach this stuff in schools? Shed doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk and 'Success...Or Your Money Back' has given me the inspiration I've been looking for to get started on something new... His easy-to-get '30 secrets' are brilliantly and succinctly written with great humour and wit (and you can't say that about many business books). I loved Shed's last book 'Ideas Man' - his various entanglements with the Trademarks Office and other exploits made me fall off my seat laughing - and I bought 'Success...Or Your Money Back' for his great business savvy and, to be honest, the sheer warmth and wit of his writing. And this book is brilliant on both counts! In his latest exploits he takes on Apple (and wins, without anyone losing), waxes lyrical about boiled eggs and failing upwards, and shows how to turn a simple idea into a tangible product. Even though I've been in business a while, Shed's inspired book has given me lots of ideas about how to get 'my stuff' out there. Instructional without giving instructions, practical without having to go through dreary business plans and a thoroughly good read. Cheers Shed, this is just what I needed and definitely on the ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars These secrets are GEMS!, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
Nobody taught me these secrets at school! Shed has done a great job of going through each secret and giving practical tips and advice on how you can really achieve success. One of my favourite chapters in the book talks about Negnets, those people who can crush you in an instant by either what they say or even by the look that they give you. I have encountered a few negative people in my life and it really brought it home to me that I have to avoid them like the plague!Especially as I am in the first stages of my business so need to keep positive and keep going![...]

The other important chapter for me was self promotion regarding ladies...I feel that we aren't as well advanced on this in comparison to men but reading this chapter made me realise that it's good to big yourself up! Hopefully something I'll become better with in time!

I feel that I will be carrying this book around with me for a while to drum the secrets into me. I have had many challenges and failures but life is an experiment and looking at it this way, enables you to enjoy the journey. Plus you can always see more opportunities out of the difficulties. If you want a fun, engaging and practical manual...Success...Or Your Money Back is definitely for you!

Thanks Shed!:)

Kerri x

4.0 out of 5 stars Been thinking about doing something different?, 2 Dec. 2012
then this is one of the best books to read to give you that final kick up the back side to getting it done.

The book is easy going and once read, you'll probably find a few chapters which you'll refer back to time and again.

This book contains all the practical advice / tips / methods you need to inject some of that Shed Magic into your life - and there are some real nuggets of gold.

Like many of this style of book - you need to actually apply the advice to your own life or its pretty worthless - but this book feels like a good friend giving you really good advice and its written in an encouraging style which really makes you want to act on Shed's advice.

If you were only going to buy one Shed book, I'd chose this over 'Ideas Man' for practical use - although 'ideas Man' is a great read too.

I certainly wont be asking for my money back :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shed-loads of lessons, 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
I'm not sure this book really does offer a guarantee for success... I actually think it offers more than that...lessons/tips for achieving fulfillment! Fulfillment in life, no less. Now that's a pretty hefty claim to make, but for me it's true. And this is my key point; it's how, as an individual, you read, interpret and more importantly synthesise this book in your own way that makes this a potent book.

Shed's style of writing; quirky, punchy and on the money will make the reading and digestion of this book a joy for most people that read it. I defy anyone to say there isn't a lesson in this book for them.

The only downfall for me was that it was so easy and compelling to read that I finished in three nights and I am now left with a void to fill!

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't WANT your money back after reading this :), 15 April 2013
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
I bought this book last month because as a budding entrepreneur, something that I've been told and that I've discovered is that to succeed in any business, or even in life, one has to have the right mindset and always try to have a positive outlook on life. As someone who has suffered Depression over the last 10 years, I can now thankfully say that my road to recovery started some six months ago. As a budding entrepreneur, I wanted to buy a book on either self development or business to help further my interest in both self-improvement and knowing what it takes to succeed in making money on your terms and not being part of the rat race anymore which I have been on and off for the last 20 years.

So it was an absolute joy and a privilege to have had the good fortune to come across this marvelous book last month in my local W H Smith's and having recently finished it (and having promised myself to leave a review on here by the author himself as he 'cheekily' asks at the end), I wanted to make good on that promise and inform the good public of this fact - if you are a budding entrepreneur and are even REMOTELY serious about wanting to know what it takes to hopefully be a success with whatever business venture it is you wish to do, then I STRONGLY urge you to buy this book. And not just read it (more than once). But to implement what Mr Simove says!

He writes in a humorous but not overly jokey manner, mixing sound business and life lessons advice in a sharply wry manner. It's an easy to read book and it's abundantly clear that Shed has both a genuine love of what he does as well as his boundless enthusiasm and genuine want for anyone reading to go out there and live their entrepreneurial dreams. Don't be surprised to find yourself nodding your head in agreement to a lot of the things he says, or even smirking out loud at some of the humour laced throughout (his story about applying for a particularly high competitive job at Channel 4 will have you doing just that as it did me).

On top of that, Mr Simove also states at the end of his book (read the copyright notice, that's a gem) that he loves to hear from people whether they enjoyed the book or not and found it useful, to send him an email or contact him on Facebook. I can tell you that he's just as personable and devoid of ego in real life as he comes across in his book.

Seriously, folks - get this book even if you're NOT thinking of starting your own business or wishing to work for yourself. You won't be sorry.

Or want a refund :)

Steve Thomas (Budding Entrepreneur since 2012)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refund not required, 30 Dec. 2012
Stephen Green (Uttoxeter, Staffs. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
As always Shed has written a book that just compels you to pick it up off the shelf. I had previously read and enjoyed the Ideas Man and was pleased to see that although Shed made slight reference to some of his outrageous stunts that showed his willingness to go with his ideas and see what happens (I refer to the saucy confectionary and the schoolboy stunt) the book is full of new and interesting material. The book is always very entertaining and readable and urges the reader to just try things, fail, adjust and try again. Shed has a proven track record of following through on ideas and I particularly enjoyed reading about his creation of an analogue or paper ipad and his typical reaction to Apple taking exception to this. This is a great book for overcoming the fear of failure that holds so many of us back and Shed demonstrates and explains from every angle why it matters that we act despite our fears. The author has done things that have disaster written all over them, which with his subtle changes have worked out ok in the end. Some might have thought that offering refunds would be disastrous but like Michael HeppleHow to Save an Hour Every Day he knows that such guarantees increase sales. I read this book in between reading a more heavyweight book because it is motivational, entertaining and easy and fun to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Inspirational book, you have to read it!, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
If you have an idea for something amazing and just need that extra kick up the backside to do it, then Shed gives you all the tools and inside information to make your dreams a reality. He has inspired me to make some big changes in my life and to follow my passion, I'm sure he can help you too. He has led a very exciting and colourful life thus far and i'm in no doubt that he has lots more left to give! Check out some of his products at shedsimove.com they are pure GENIUS! There are lots of motivational books out there but none of them come close to telling it like it really is, like this one. Keep on Inspiring Shed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only really funny "success manual" out there!, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
Being successful, funny and creative usually only applies to comedians. Businessmen does not usually have that skill. Somehow Shed seems to mix the two like it's the easiest thing in the world. Even though I've read quite a few "Success" books out there - and am starting to get fed up - this one gives some interesting angles I haven't come across before. Specially the witty and creative side of getting somewhere in business.

Have a read if you get a chance!

Ps. I'm a bit biased as I've been a fan of his novelty gifts ever since I came across the "design a beaver" on ebay...

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book if you want to make money from your ideas or interests., 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Success Or Your Money Back (Paperback)
Buy this book. It is not one of those 'You can do it' books by an airbrushed American psychologist but a guide to making money out of what you are interested in. Its style is very entertaining and highly motivating.

Like its (British) author, I have had lots of ideas but lacked the confidence/encouragement to work them through. Shed's book explains how you can achieve what you want, using illustrations from his own career, some of them painfully honest. It has given me the impetus to follow my ideas. Thank you Shed!

Success Or Your Money Back
Success Or Your Money Back by Sheridan Simove (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2012)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available