Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 June 2012
As a developing medium I have read a LOT of books! This is the most amazing book yet to join my collection what a refreshing and wonderful teacher Gordon is. I sit in a circle myself and Gordon has provided many lessons and exercises to take back to my own circle. He talks us through the training he gave Stephen, now a developed and working medium and this is insightful and helpful to your own development. He also details workshops that he has given and the exercises he gave to them and how we at home can do the same. A joy to read and the start of a new Gordon Smith collection. A MUST buy for all mediums not so useful to Psychics.
on 21 April 2013
I am not a fan of 'how to books', but as a consulting Medium I cannot recommend this book enough. I have encouraged all my own developement circles to buy at least a copy between them. Gordan is old school and shows it. This is not about a quick fix or instant fame but about the truth of Mediumship, the nature of time and hard work it takes to develope the connection with Spirit.
The exercises are well laid out and his examples using real people in real groups helps to guide the reader through times of frustration that we all encounter. (Many of his lectures are out of the UK, but this book offers most of what they contain at a fraction of the price.)
If you only every buy one book out developing Mediumship and healing buy this.
66 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2013
I read a portion of this book each night before I retired, it is an amazing book, Gordon Smith is a terrific Author, simply explains each step as you go and mesmerising you with the stories of his experience and feelings, I would recommend this book to anyone, I have just started his book on does animals have souls, the first part had me in stitches, the way he describes a dog that he was told to adopt
on 1 August 2012
I have just began my journey with mediumship. I can say I have read lots and lots of books and this one is excellent!! I have taken many tips (especially the checklist that Gordon uses) for spirit communication and it has helped my development enormously. Its a must to buy!!
on 12 August 2014
More of a documentation about Gordon's journey with Stephen (his new student) than giving advise for developing a person's own skills.

It was still an interesting read, but not quite what I was hoping for. I feel the title should be more representative of the content and therefore is a little misleading.
on 15 January 2013
well liked and a good insight into mediumship
will be looking for more of this type
help for the beginner
on 10 February 2013
I read this with a view to picking up some pointers on how to explore mediumship a little more myself. Instead I felt like I was reading an autobiography charting Gordon's work in developing Steven and others. There were some suggested exercises and things to do but it involved working in circles. It was good but I was looking for something else really.
on 30 June 2012
half way through the book very mind opening,Gordon smith is renound for his insight and i for one believe he does have the gift
on 9 April 2013
This book is helping me with getting in tune with my physic abilities as I am unable to go into a circle due to work commitments. I would recommend this book if you are looking at progressing into mediumship
on 17 March 2013
A generous and insightful book - I love the format, and the inspiration I am getting from reading the combination of Gordon's narrative and information, with the notes of the student whose journey is documented throughout (a journey that illustrates the exercises and learning points very well). The recommended 'exercises' are clear and well explained. I have read Gordon's books before - and I enjoyed them well enough. But this one comes from a very different place, and it has inspired me in a way that no other book on this area has. Definitely recommend this one.