Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 August 2012
I love this book. It is full of useful tips and advice. For example it tells you how to cut down on house-work, and cope with your first day with both kids. The section on pregnancy the second time rang so true for me. The chapter on sibling rivalry should be compulsory reading for anyone with more than one child. My husband has read this book too, and says it totally changed his approach to looking after our two kids. I like all Simone Caves books, and this one is the best!
on 12 January 2013
This is a brilliant resource. I have a 15 month old and the next baby due in 8 weeks. As my husband works abroad, we have been living far away from families, pretty isolated and i was dreading the thought of coping with 2 babies on my own. Also, I felt I'd forgotten everything already about how much to feed and when, how many naps etc.
I like how the book is divided into sections for mum, baby, toddler, older child and housework so I can find the relevant bits quickly. Also the general charts as the end which give ideas on how much they eat and sleep at each age. Best of all, it assumes that you won't have any help! Great for worst case scenarios, although practical advice is offered for when it is possible to hand over some of the hard work to others.

It's chock full of simple, invaluable suggestions, such as getting the baby ready first, then the toddler when you're going out, as a baby won't mind waiting.. I'd not even considered things like the order to do stuff so I think in a couple of months I'll be much better prepared for anything after having read this book.
on 23 August 2014
So maybe some of this is common sense but coming back to parenting a newborn after 2yrs it was a really good refresher with some helpful tips. Certainly gave me things to think about, easy read and easy to go back to for the bits you need.
on 3 May 2013
I first read this book from library, and i only wish i read it when my second baby arrived, not 3/4 of the year after. However, loads of tips on how to manage your time when you have 2 or more kids. Best read for me so far.
on 14 August 2014
I didn't find this book helpful, a part for some tips here and there. Most of it is common sense or unrealistic
on 21 August 2012
Coping with Two is an honest and open book that tells you the exactly what you need to know in the order you need to know it. For example, the most appropriate time to tell your first child that there's another baby on the way to coping strategies to occupy your toddler whilst breastfeeding.

Helpfully, the book touches on subjects you wouldn't even think of, like bullying, favouritism, comparisons, labels, jealousy, telling tales and so many other traits you can expect. It details how perfectly normal these thoughts and feelings are and lays out the coping mechanisms for each in a way that's so easy to understand.

The books' timesaving tips (leaving shoes in the hall) and mental preparations are detailed and comprehensive. In fact I've highlighted many excerpts as I fully intend to keep dipping in and out again when I need. It's succinctly ordered for ease, and the sub headings break it up so it doesn't feel like a heavy read. This book is an absolute must for mums expecting their second child and would like some really helpful advice to maker the process smoother for the family.
on 9 February 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. As with most parenting books there will be aspects you may or may not agree with and choose to follow in your own parenting routine, however, I found this included many light hearted and pretty clever ideas to help through the process of having two young ones. The author seems very down to earth and some of the advice given on cutting corners during the early stages came as a great relief, as so many parenting books can make the parent feel overwhelmed by suggesting near impossible goals and come across as quite patronising. Would recommend!
on 18 May 2013
Large font and not many information on one site. Right size of the book. Practical approach.Very organised layout. Generally I can see only pros . Great and funny read. Very helpful. I love this book.
on 12 November 2012
This book is a must for any parents who are considering having a second child. It covers a wide range of topics whilst still being short and readable enough to hold the attention of a busy dad such as myself! It ranges from practical advice (for both mums and dads) on everything from breasfeeding to winding, to more complex topics such as sibling rivalries and jealousy.

It will definitely remain something of a future reference for a couple of years or more.
on 30 September 2012
I devoured this book. A must-read for any mother from the moment she discovers she is pregnant with her second, regardless of the age gap. I found it to be full of sensible tips and down-to-earth advice, and utterly in keeping with my experiences of second-time motherhood.