Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 November 2011
"You Can Create An Exceptional Life" is based on a series of empowering and intimate conversations between best-selling authors Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson.
Louise and Cheryl begin the book with the core message, "There is a Universal energy, a Divine force that creates us; sustains us; connects us to one another; and works in cooperation with our thoughts, words, and actions to generate our life experiences...The formula is simple: Think thoughts that make you feel good, make choices that make you feel good, and take actions that make you feel good. Then surrender the outcome. Trusting that Life will bring you what you need to grow and be happy."
We CAN change what we do every day, in little ways, to deepen the groove of habitual thoughts that directly influence the quality of our lives by what we think and say to ourselves. We see, feel, send and affect energy in ways we seldom, if ever imagine. Like radiant stars sparkling in the night we live and breathe in a unified field of energy that connects us to one another.
Recurring themes are what we put into the world has a great effect on what we get back. Every situation can be transformed into a blessing with love. The power of affirmations sets up the day in the best possible way.
Don't break a habit - dissolve it! Don't use the word "break" because the pieces are still around when we break something. When we dissolve something the whole experience disappears.
Rather than redecorate hell by arguing consider a different approach. Reach out and mentally send love. Instead of using the ego's agenda of wanting to be right and justifying a position drop the defenses, listen with love and focus on a positive outcome. The solution will come quicker.
Louise says the more you turn away from the problem and stop wanting a solution NOW the quicker the solution comes. The affirmation, "All is well. Everything is working out for our highest good. Out of this situation only good will come" also helps. We want to select thoughts that contribute to creating love, joy, prosperity, good health and a happy peaceful mind.
Cheryl says over the years they both learned when there is defensiveness, there is no communication. Also when the problem is solved we need to let it go. Don't dip in the past and be miserable in the present. The more we complain, the more we find to complain about. Life gives us what we concentrate on. Don't become a constant victim of Life. Become more curious about things that bring joy.
Good affirmations are: Life loves me, this is a blessed day, I have time for everything I need to do today. Changing my thoughts is easy and comfortable, I send love to every person at work and while driving on the road.
Louise recommends we use the positive affirmation, "I have a wonderful, harmonious relationship with my mother (or whomever) if there is conflict or estrangement. When we stop having terrible thoughts about someone we create the space where there could be a harmonious relationship. "Bypass the issue and talk about what you want as if it is so...Ultimately it's the alignment of head and heart that creates the alchemy that gives your affirmations power." Louise says there is usually a positive change in a relationship if these affirmations are used daily from three to six months. However, she warns not to avoid feelings. You need to give yourself a chance to feel to figure out how to get out of the uncomfortable mental space.
When looking in the mirror (Louise calls it mirror work) tell yourself, "Hi kid you're looking good, I love you. Thank you for doing something good today."
Other topics include: How you live your day is how you live your life, loving ourselves and our bodies, manifesting positive relationships, bringing true prosperity and abundance to the world, aging consciously, the beauty of wisdom and facing death in a dignified peaceful way.
Cheryl says she can't get over the amount of energy Louise has at age 84.
on 7 May 2013
I have read many books since the late 90's in fact, and have gained a wealth of knowledge. These days most books tend to say the same kind of thing in a roundabout way, with nothing new to reveal. However, this little book I found to be refreshing in as much as Louise shares how she runs life and how a typical morning would start for her. From looking on the outside in, I find this much more fascinating to read.
The book is set up from an interview perspective as Louise is interviewed by the lady who has written the book Cheryl Richardson. Again, this makes the book a little different.
Enjoyable.
on 15 January 2013
I absolutely loved this book, it was simple, thought provoking and straight to the point. It lifted me up and I felt great every time I picked it up. The army of affirmations were beautiful and so comforting....
on 16 September 2012
I love Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson. This book was a good read, full of inspiration however I did find it abit repetitive, like they were trying to "fill" pages.Also, the book was quite short (considering alot of the info is repeated!),165 or so pages.
on 7 October 2011
This book is excellent, 85 years of Louise Hays life lessons and wisdom, condensed into one beautifully crafted and articulated volume by Cheryl Richardson, who asked precisely the questions we have all wanted to the know the answers to? Louise, kind, gentle and gracious as ever answered them all. Whatever you are struggling with you will find the solution in this book. Its fresh, its powerful and one you will never be sorry you bought....
on 2 February 2013
I have read a few of Louise's books and this is yet another great read. Love the way Cheryl and Louise have put this together. It really did cheer me up and put a few things in perspective. Amazing when you view a problem with a different mind set, Magic really does happen. Thank you to Louise and Cheryl xx
on 2 October 2011
This book is a great reminder to not let negative thoughts wheedle their way into your mind unchecked. Though really nothing new in this book - it again emphasises the need to be positive in all you actions, thoughts and beliefs - if you want to create a happy, abundant life.
on 2 November 2011
This is an easy to read uncomplicated book that keeps your attention from start to finnish. I love this book, just out of hospital it is exactly what I need to keep my healing energies high. What an inspired idea to have two wonderful minds working to create an example of communication and team work, so full of insight and inspiring guidance for understanding our humanity and healing powers. Thank you, Jackie.
on 11 December 2012
This book was a delight to read from two really inspiring authors. It is such a heart warming book about the life that we all could be living in such peace and harmony with ourselves and others.
on 17 April 2014
I actually ended up reading this one a few times and each time I read the book, it inspired me to be more positive in my thinking and speech even though I already studied the principles mentioned for many years. Seeing them being used in the everyday life of Louise Hay inspired me to do the same. Highly recommend it.

I also loved the candid approach and observations of Cheryl Richardson.