5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book and CD
I have practiced Zen Meditation for years from the same roots as Sharon Salzberg. I found her book not only easy to read, but the explanations to the things I hadn't quite understood were very helpful. I really recommend it.
Published 22 months ago by Mrs S Jaeger-Rouse

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my CD
Great book. Teaches you the basics how to start meditation.
I just very disappointed. As I bought the kindle version and I don't get the CD. The author mention a lot the CD on the book but how can I get mine as I have a kindle version?
Thanks
Published 15 months ago by Jr

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book and CD, 29 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A way into meditation, 27 May 2012
Cevenol Kate (Les Cevennes, France) - See all my reviews
I bought this course book and CD to supplement the mediatation practice I started quite a while ago. I've worked with the first part of the CD and found that Ms Salzberg is a supportive and helpful teacher. She facilitates sessions well with down to earth and simply structured steps. She also has a good voice tone. Her whole message is to be kind to yourself and not to meditatate in a self critical way. I've also staring reading what appears to be a succinct introduction to meditation so I'm looking forward to using it and gaining from it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basis for practice....., 22 Jan 2012
I've been 'practicing' for a few years now...and have always benefited from works by Sharon Salzberg.Despite already owning quite a few 'meditation discs'...I am finding Ms. Salzberg's insights and observations...whilst not earth shattering! ..very supportive and helpful.
A useful tool in the meditator's 'bag', I think.
Would recommend this 'course' as a great leap off point for an absolute beginner too.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Programme for Real Happiness (Paperback)
for any practitioner who wants to add further information and research to their knowledge and skills, give more in depth outlines to practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly accessible introduction to Buddhist meditative practice., 21 May 2012
Accessible introduction to meditation and general Buddhist modes of thought. Promotes a positive approach to living, which is a refreshing relief from this stress-filled, goal-driven society in which we live.

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my CD, 29 July 2013
Great book. Teaches you the basics how to start meditation.
Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars a basic introduction, 20 Jun 2013
It was ok for beginners and gave quite a good overview, butI did not like the voice on the cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meditation, 24 Mar 2013
A good read for the beginner to meditation, accompanied by a very informative cd. An easy read which would encourage you to try meditation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not contain audio on kindle version, 30 Jan 2013
It says on the cover that it contains the audio meditations ...it didn't.....I got a refund :-(( ...it says on front cover that it does ....but then when it's on your kindle audio is not operational

The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Programme for Real Happiness
The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Programme for Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg (Paperback - 28 July 2011)