5.0 out of 5 stars A way into meditation
Published on 27 May 2012 by Cevenol Kate

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my CD
Great book. Teaches you the basics how to start meditation.
I just very disappointed. As I bought the kindle version and I don't get the CD. The author mention a lot the CD on the book but how can I get mine as I have a kindle version?
Thanks
Published 23 months ago by Jr

5.0 out of 5 stars A way into meditation, 27 May 2012
Cevenol Kate (Les Cevennes, France) - See all my reviews
I bought this course book and CD to supplement the mediatation practice I started quite a while ago. I've worked with the first part of the CD and found that Ms Salzberg is a supportive and helpful teacher. She facilitates sessions well with down to earth and simply structured steps. She also has a good voice tone. Her whole message is to be kind to yourself and not to meditatate in a self critical way. I've also staring reading what appears to be a succinct introduction to meditation so I'm looking forward to using it and gaining from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book and CD, 29 Dec. 2012
I have practiced Zen Meditation for years from the same roots as Sharon Salzberg. I found her book not only easy to read, but the explanations to the things I hadn't quite understood were very helpful. I really recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basis for practice....., 22 Jan. 2012
I've been 'practicing' for a few years now...and have always benefited from works by Sharon Salzberg.Despite already owning quite a few 'meditation discs'...I am finding Ms. Salzberg's insights and observations...whilst not earth shattering! ..very supportive and helpful.
A useful tool in the meditator's 'bag', I think.
Would recommend this 'course' as a great leap off point for an absolute beginner too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Programme for Real Happiness (Paperback)
Great book easy to follow and worked when tried out after surgery

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely helpful book for anyone who is in need ..., 25 Jan. 2015
An extremely helpful book for anyone who is in need of a vipassana teacher and doesn't have one, Sharon's way of teaching is enlightening and very straight to the practical point.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 4 Jun. 2014
for any practitioner who wants to add further information and research to their knowledge and skills, give more in depth outlines to practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly accessible introduction to Buddhist meditative practice., 21 May 2012
Accessible introduction to meditation and general Buddhist modes of thought. Promotes a positive approach to living, which is a refreshing relief from this stress-filled, goal-driven society in which we live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Jan. 2015
good book!

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my CD, 29 July 2013
Great book. Teaches you the basics how to start meditation.
Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Meditation, 24 Mar. 2013
A good read for the beginner to meditation, accompanied by a very informative cd. An easy read which would encourage you to try meditation.

The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Programme for Real Happiness
The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Programme for Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg (Paperback - 28 July 2011)
Usually dispatched within 10 to 12 days