5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing And Very Rich
Published on 19 Feb 2012 by Em B

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!!!
This is not my kind of book at all. I have heard so much positive things about this author. However, felt that this book was a let down. I felt that the author was self obsessed and didn't like the book at all. I felt sorry for her family, especially her daughter, the daughter that supported her mothers business. I read this book over a year ago - I can not remember...
Published 6 months ago by Rosie

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing And Very Rich, 19 Feb 2012
Em B (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peace from Broken Pieces: How to Get Through What You're Going Through (Paperback)
I listened to the audiobook and was so absorbed that I finished it in two days. Listening to Ms Vanzant talk about her life, is like sitting by a cosy fire, hearing a wise woman impart her wisdom from a life filled with disappointment, abuse and pain, as well as huge success, funny times and enormous downs and tragedy. She threads her story with the hindsight of her current wisdom, showing her mistakes and why she chose certain paths, which may in turn help us examine our own. A very moving and humble account of a life well lived. Peace from broken pieces indeed. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A roadmap to the heart, 13 Oct 2013
This manuscript is a truth that we are never alone, and one way or another when on our knees, bereft, screaming for an answer to whatever is happening, to whoever is listening, begging for whatever we think we require to make everything right in our quick fix limitations; there is an answer. The truth jumps off the pages, grabs you by the heartstrings and in Divine Time when we are awakened to the simplicity of surrender the most beautiful tapestry is woven through the unconditional love of a soul whose story unravels a life lived by others truths, yet in her humility she knows there's more. Her trials are faced daily on this planet, and her determination to seek is the strength that is shared nakedly within this story. Be prepared to hold your breath; to laugh out loud; to weep and heal, again and again.
It is a book to remember, on so many levels, and is a blessing on those drawn to read and embrace the lessons, healing, and follow the map to their own destination within.
Thank you Iyanla Vanzant for your decisions and committing them to the World.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book..., 18 Jun 2011
Very eye opening, 'never judge a book by its cover' saying is so true. Amazingly written. Thanks for telling your story. 100% recommend this book for anyone who wants to grow and heal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and an insight to feed your soul, 11 Jun 2014
I was looking for inspiration and as always I turned to one of iyanla books. I was not disappointed with what I read. This book is highly recommended for anyone looking to be reminded about who they are, and that everything happens for a reason. Enjoy reading this book as much as I have and smile!

5.0 out of 5 stars were all human.....and iyanla vanznant shows we all make mstakes or go through pain, but we do heal......., 6 Aug 2011
were all human, iyanla......amentor to others, a life saver too many,a teacher,spritual advisor. i saw iyanla in england this were sell out.a few times..and had fallen in love with her....wow what a book, the truth, the heartbreak, the joy and her great sense of humour...all in one book....this book makes you look at your own life patterns ,thoughout your family, hoping that it isnt to late to change them, while reading her family paterns of generations of abuse,absent men in their lives an her willingness too please them,her flaws, her healing, her insights...she bears her soul, her heart and tears in this book...we all thought she was thee woman that had it going on so dam happy.rich famous ..well read this book !!it humble me as i remember her book yesterday i cried...and thought she had stop crying..now!!..as i read this book i thought how much can a women take, but take it she did,and taught it she does , an she still does it fantastic!! abook that will make you weep, for me i choked and cried and try to silenced my self .from the builders that was in my home that day .miss vanzant teaches us that we all make mistakes but can move on, were all here on a journey called life and some times we need help...or need slow down and see whats really important,we all need comfort,to feed our soul our spirit. this book is about alady her relationships with god ,daughter, friends,men and life.....this book is also filled with her pain but also her joy through that pain miss vanzant i love you!!! you always keep it real........xx

4.0 out of 5 stars Peace from Broken Pieces: How to get through what you're going through. By Iyanla Vanzant., 4 Jun 2014
Brilliant read for woman struggling with physical & mental abuse by men & how to overcome generations of learnt behaviour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read, 11 Nov 2011
Lession, no matter if you think that you have learnt after reading this book you understand that self discovery is a life time work in progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 17 Jun 2014
I am an Iyanla fan so this is as good as I expected it to be just fabulous and a refreshing read

5.0 out of 5 stars Very touching, 12 May 2014
A beautiful book that will have all your emotions going. A number of my friends have now read this and loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, 27 April 2014
This booked sincerely touched my core. The genuineness and style of writing kept be hooked until I read for 3hrs without stopping. Thank you Iyanla for sharing your deepest hurts, pain and success!

Peace from Broken Pieces: How to Get Through What You're Going Through