5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful piece to the "Who am I?"puzzle
Caroline Myss is a medical intuitive and leading expert of energy medicine and human consciousness. Her earlier books "Anatomy of Spirit" and "Why People Don't Heal and How They Can" changed the way I think about myself, how I view the world and how I work with clients as a mental health therapist.
Her new book "Archetypes: Who Are You?" offers a new and powerful...
Published on 4 April 2013 by Niki Collins-queen, Author

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete disappointment!
Published 13 months ago by Samantha Devin

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful piece to the "Who am I?"puzzle, 4 April 2013
Niki Collins-queen, Author "author" (Forsyth, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Archetypes: Who Are You? (Hardcover)
Her new book "Archetypes: Who Are You?" offers a new and powerful piece to the puzzle of "Who am I? What is my purpose? And How can I be more fulfilled?" She says they are not ordinary questions. They are cries from the depth of our being, calling us to discover our true self.
Myss shows how we are far more than our personality, habits and achievements and explains how discovering and understanding our archetypes or universal patterns of behavior can help us better understand ourselves and others and our place in the world.
She says there are ten primary archetypes: the Caregiver, the Artist/Creative, the Fashionista, the Intellectual, the Rebel, the Queen/Executive, the Advocate, the Visionary, the Athlete, and the Spiritual Seeker.
Knowing our archetypes gives us the knowledge to make more conscious decisions about our relationships and careers and helps us avoid the pitfalls, play up the strengths and become more authentic. She also explains each individual archetype, shows how it evolved, its unique characteristics, defining graces, life challenges, family parts and how to tap into its power. The tips and practical advice on how to fully engage with our archetypes are helpful.
This book shows how each archetype contains a life lesson, a unique challenge, a defining grace, an inner shadow and myth or signature story.
Myss says we are infinitely complex human beings with stories, myths and dreams. Her book shows how we can use the energy of our archetype to express the true reason we were born.

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete disappointment!, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
I haven't found in this book any serious information or anything that has contributed to widen my knowledge about archetypes. It is a book of an overwhelming simple-mindedness almost childish and very disrespectful in the way it treats something so ancient and important as the archetypes. It follows the current fashion of treating everything lightly. The introduction is the only tolerable passage and reading it you may think something meaningful and serious is waiting for you in the next pages. Not at all. The transposition of archetypes is embarrassing. This lady has renamed the archetypes and has invented, supposedly to match our time, new "kinds of archetypes" so you find a list of ordinary and cheap names such as the fashionista! or the athlete! The level is for pre-schoolers and yet it would be a crime that the first contact with the archetypes would be this book. I can't think of anything useful a grown up can get from this book. But I am not very surprised, what sells today is the easy, the simple, the uncompromising. We are what we read so...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight, 22 April 2014
A. S. Malloy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
An extremely well written book with the depth and logical progression you would expect from Caroline Myss. Its insights are both accurate and perhaps alarming when you recognise a positive trait in you, but then have to consider the shadow side of that trait. The book gives clear guidance as to how to recognise your archetypes, how to make the most of them and how to deal with the shadow aspects of them. If you want to know why you do things instinctively but shy away from doing other things, you'll find the answers in this book. A thoroughly good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars updated view of archetypes, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan of Caroline Myss and have almost all of her books. If you have an interest in Archetypes, I recommend you read this one first as it brings the Archetypes up to date in a way that I could relate to. Caroline Myss takes a fresh approach from her book Sacred Contracts by lifting the Archetypes up a level into groups that are easily understood and, for me clearer to relate to than how she had portrayed them in Sacred Contracts. I feel that I could now revisit Sacred contracts with fresh eyes and gain more insight from that book too.
However, this book stands on its own and helped me understand why I am always driving change in every job that I do. The website mentioned in the book is very complimentary to this book and I recommend a visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars More straightforward than Sacred Contracts., 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Archetypes: Who Are You? (Hardcover)
It's a more straightforward book than Sacred Contracts, with checklists for what archetype you are. It's easier to see whether you are a particular archetype or whether it's wishful thinking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Archetypes: Who Are You? (Hardcover)
Expected more from this book. I haven't learnt anything new from it as I have from past books by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
This book was interesting in that it includes new ideas about the subject. It is also brief int hat it gives good information to someone who does not know much about this subject without getting too technical about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners and people who have a rudimentary ..., 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book for beginners and people who have a rudimentary knowledge or Archetypes. I was hoping for a little more detail on how we can pinpoint what our Archetypes are - perhaps i'll learn this in her other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, straightforward and powerful!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
Found this a very powerful book. The archetypes provide a really useful framework to understand oneself and others. Really cleared up some myths for me about who I am and what I am here to do. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Archetypes: Who Are You? (Hardcover)
Great book, she writes well and brings reasons why we need to understand the power of Archetypes in our lives alive

Archetypes: Who Are You?
Archetypes: Who Are You? by Caroline Myss (Hardcover - 8 Jan. 2013)
Used & New from: £2.49