5.0 out of 5 stars Core Balance Diet
Published on 25 Feb. 2011 by Ugly Monkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard Slog
Published on 15 Mar. 2011 by Digimum

5.0 out of 5 stars Core Balance Diet, 25 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Core Balance Diet: A 4-Week Plan for Women to Boost their Metabolism and Lose Weight (Paperback)
I am now in my 4th week of this diet, not so much a diet but a fabulous eating programme. Since the first few days, I have a lot more energy, and feel great,my clothes are getting looser by the day!!!!!!. It involves more cooking than I used to do ,but the results are well worth the extra effort. I would highly recommend this book if you are serious about changing your eating habits for good. !

Also received the book within 48 hrs of ordering it. Many Thanks Amazon !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sick of dieting?, 12 Sept. 2010
Mrs. C. J. Hamilton (Oklahoman now in England) - See all my reviews
This is a great book if you are sick and tired of dieting and looking for a better answer. This is a lifestyle change for the better and it really works!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard Slog, 15 Mar. 2011
I bought this book due to a feature in a national newspaper where only the principles and diet plan were given. Guess its like watching travel or nature programmes on TV, we get to see the interesting parts and if all the prep and boring bits were shown, we would give up and stop watching and go and eat a chocolate biscuit! This book, like so many others is just the same. It seems that this genre of instructional diet book needs to be padded out to prove the "in depth knowledge and understanding" of the author. The actual nitty gritty is fine, but is just so much like all the others, making a mystery out of eating too much and not exercising enough i.e. gives tubbies like me a get out clause! I have made a vow NOT to buy any more diet books. Good luck to all the other plumptous people out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new bible!, 24 Mar. 2014
I bought this book to help rid myself of hormone imbalance migrains. I am well on the way to achieving that ,and as a bonus feel amazing with loads of energy and vitality. My body fat is deserting me . Thank you Marcelle. !!

I must admit that the eating plan takes a bit of getting use to. If I go out I have to remember to take my snacks with me! Some of the meals taste, well not great! Basically, having to follow a diet of no sugar whatsoever! No alcohol whatso ever! No bread! No refined flours! No caffeine! It's hard! I do treat myself to two cups of English tea a day.

The upside, no migrains and an amazing svelt fat free body for a 51 year old! It's well worth giving up sugar for it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Recipes are very poor standard :-(, 12 May 2011
Although the book itself is very good, and the advice and explanations are clear and make a lot of sense, I was very disappointed when I turned to the recipe section - there are many errors in them, and I can only assume they were not checked or proof-read at all. I don't know whether this is the fault of the publisher or the author, but a lack of care in this regard also makes me wonder whether the rest of the book has been created in a similar slap-dash way? For example, if the recipes haven't been checked how can we be sure that the recommended quantities the author advises for dietary supplements are correct? Although I would like to try this programme I am now rather nervous of taking anything recommended in this book 'as read' :-(

To illustrate what I mean, see the very first recipe for the very first meal (breakfast) on day 1 of the programme: Tomato and Asparagus Frittata. The first instruction is to "pre-heat the grill to high". The rest of the instructions then tell you how to cook the frittata in a frying pan on the hob - so in other words, without ever going near the grill at all! The second recipe I looked at, Cheeseless Artichoke Omelette, contains this sentence in its instructions - "Mix eggs and egg whites in bowl and combine artichokes with the and thyme". I'm struggling to work out what the 'the' is which I'm supposed to add as the rest of the instructions cater fully for the ingredients listed.

To use the recipes I find I'm having to do an internet search for each one to check that the instructions, quantities, and serving sizes in the book are correct as the author and publisher haven't bothered to make sure the printed copy is as it should be. Checking on the internet for each recipe is time consuming, and very annoying when I have paid for the book.

Not recommended until the author and publisher get their act together and publish something which is worth spending your money on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down., 13 Jun. 2014
Barbara (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
When I borrowed this book from a friend I was completely taken aback at how accurately it diagnosed my problems, my main problem being inflammatory imbalance. This lady knows what she is talking about, I have already been medically diagnosed but they just put me on prednisolone, and I wanted to know if I could improve things with my diet, my GP didn't really know but did not think so.
Well I can, I have already cut out processed carbs and sugars and feel much better in myself. The pain in my hands and shoulders has subsided considerably and I am now on 65% less medication. (Under my doctors' supervision of course).
I have now purchased my own copy, I was so impressed.
Thank you Marcelle.
PS
I am losing weight steadily too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone', 27 Sept. 2014
Had slight doubts about buying this book after reading reviews and bought the paperback edition thanks to one review. I agree a kindle edition would be a mistake. I just have to say what a great book with a wealth of information to enable anyone to understand the full value of nutrition and it's effect on the body. Anyone who does not have a healthy relationship with food should read this book. The eating plan is cooking intensive but it teaches you the value of food instead of just quickly eating some pre-packaged rubbish. Everyone should read this fantastic book. Thanks Marcelle for sharing such invaluable information with is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disaster for me on kindle, 22 Feb. 2014
I'm sure this book is fine but I made a bad mistake getting it on kindle as you want to be able to turn pages back and forth more easily than my old kindle allows and photo copy the recipes etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars feedback, 12 Mar. 2014
I bought this book to help my M.E. clients to help get their life back on track through nutrition and exercise

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 July 2014
ok but I never keep to a plan for long

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available