5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, sassy inspiration for women of all ages
More to Life Than Shoes is a book you can pick up for five minutes or fifty minutes and come away believing you have it in you to turn your life around. More than a career book, MTLT is a source of inspiration and practical tools for kick-starting the journey towards achieving ANY of your (wistful) dreams - which may of course be career-bound. The front cover might...
Published on 14 April 2011 by Jessica Chivers

3.0 out of 5 stars How to kick-start your career
Has not held my attention in the early part of the book but as I have it as an ebook I keep forgetting I have it. I'll get around to reading it all one day
Published on 13 Mar. 2013 by eils

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, funny and practical, 12 May 2011
This review is from: More To Life Than Shoes: How to Kick-start Your Career and Change Your Life (Paperback)
This book has such a warm and inviting voice that it feels like sitting down with a couple of friends for a chat. Yet the stories in there are from a much bigger world. They are very inspiring and not presented as dry 'case studies' but as if you've got the person in the room with you. That's quite an achievement. And because Nadia and Emily draw practical lessons from the experiences of women who've made it, it's packed with useful advice too.

5.0 out of 5 stars More to Life than Shoes, 27 July 2011
I've always been a very positive person but when you're running your own business you can sometimes hit a 'low' period; that's where I was when I bought this book. It's fun, motivational, full of real success stories that show the pain of developing a new business. Dip in and out when the need arises. Very readable. I thoroughly recommend it.More To Life Than Shoes: How to Kick-start Your Career and Change Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice & Great Read, 2 Jun. 2011
After you've read this book you'll be amazed how many very successful women struggle with a lack of confidence. I think many of us believe we can't, so we don't. If that's you - read this book. It really shows you that even self doubt shouldn't stop you from achieving. Well done the girls at More to Life Than Shoes! Brilliant advice, great contributors and funny to boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for women of all ages!!!, 16 April 2011
Loved, loved, loved this book! Feel so inspired after reading this. I genuinely feel like I could do anything with my life. Nadia and Emily give you relevant and helpful advice no matter what your dream. This book put a smile on my face reading such motivational stories. Please get this book in your life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel the pain and do it anyway - with jokes!, 3 May 2011
What a great book this is! Using interviews and examples from high-profile and successful women, combined with their own friendly, warm yet funny writing, Nadia and Emily have created a must have 'manual' for any woman wishing to take the plunge and either change career OR set up their own business. What is particularly invaluable is the contribution from women from such a wide variety of industries. Each chapter is summarised with 'Top Tips' and targets and each section is broken into smaller parts so it is easier to dip in for information.

I have already bought another copy for my young assistant who is wanting to set up her own business.

Congratulations to Nadia and Emily for writing such a user friendly, yet invaluable book.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational!, 8 May 2011
NoBull (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Really enjoyed reading this highly inspirational book. It was full of good practical advice and great stories to inspire you to get out there and improve your life. Well worth the read, you will find yourself going back to read certain stories again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 6 Jan. 2012
A. stephenson (england) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this book.
It's for those moments when you question yourself for doing something brave; Read this and its reassuring that others have done it too.
An inspirational book without being too preaching; If you're motivated you can achieve your goals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right on sisters, 27 April 2011
Have you ever had one of those days, weeks or years where all you seem to be saying is "I can't", "I'm not pretty enough", "I wish I could but..." or "I hate my job and wish I could be a wing-walker", well if you have then this is the book for you. It leaves you feeling that you can take on the world, if that is what you want to do of course!

As women we so often have images of scantily clad vacuous celebs thrown in our faces that we can easily fall into the trap that this is what we need to aspire to. What this book does is say: `hang on a minute what about these awesome, inspiring women who are doing amazing things'.

The book is a series of interviews, joined up by a funny and human narrative from Nadia Finer and Emily Nash. A real mixture of women are interviewed in the book highlighting that there are many different ways to do something that you are passionate about. All the way through reading these interviews I was yelling "right on sister." My personal favourites were Sharon Barry for starting Storybook Dads a charity that helps prisoners to read bedtime stories to their kids and Annie Nightingale for still rocking at 69.

Along side the interviews there are some really useful top tips boxes, for example I liked the one on staying calm. A great resources section at the back, I can see myself returning to it time and time again for direction. And the More To Life Than Shoes manifesto that I am going to pin on my wall! So the next time I catch myself moaning "I can't" I'll remember the inspiration I felt when reading this book!

A fantastic read. I would highly recommend this book to any one, man or woman, who knows that there is something more out there for them but just needs a little help where to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars There is 'more to life than shoes'!, 6 May 2012
I have read lots of motivating books, the wise always recommend getting lots of inspiration into your brain to keep you motivated. 'More to life than shoes' is a great read, I like that it has lots of case studies from ordinary women who are achieving their goals. The humor is good to. Have recommended to friends and will be re-reading in a month or so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best at the End, 13 Aug. 2012
I have to say that the first third of this book really annoyed me. We are the smug girlies who have worked out our life balance handing down tablets of stone to those less imaginative yada yada. But gradually the book began to grow on me. I remained slightly bugged by the Nerys and India type comments about the authors choosing which skirt to wear for interviews but I accept that may be just me being intolerant. As the book went on I started to think "mmm actually maybe there are some nuggets in here after all" and by the time I hit the end I was really pretty enthused about the book. The icing on the cake though was the resources section at the end. Really well thought out and really useful for anyone setting up a business. Well done girls. I started out cynical and you made me a convert!

More To Life Than Shoes: How to Kick-start Your Career and Change Your Life