5.0 out of 5 stars This book could change your life and your thinking
This book has so many potentially life changing tools in it, but you really do need to be flexible in how you use it. It is not a self-help book just to be read, you really do need to read each of the exercises and put them into practise and then find the ones that you can relate to and then make them part of your daily or weekly routine.

I would say, stick...
Published on 12 Oct 2009 by Ms. Anne M. Thorn

3.0 out of 5 stars A mishmash of existing coaching tools
The "book" is a selection of her previous blogs added together,some of which work and others which seem not to fit with the overall theme.If you're brand new to coaching,you might find some of the techniques a useful start,otherwise all the material is already in existence and borrowed from other people.At least the author doesn't claim that her ideas are original...
Published on 7 Oct 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could change your life and your thinking, 12 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Big Peace: Find Yourself Without Going Anywhere (Paperback)

I would say, stick with it and it will transform your life on some level. To say it is a mish mash of existing tools is unfair as the author has gone to great lengths to research current thinking and find methods that when linked together can bring peace and contentment and initiate a change in thinking and behaviour that can have long lasting effect on inner contentment.

I have only been using the methods for a few weeks and can already see a change in my thinking and in my relationships. Just reading all the inspiring quotes alone can inspire you.

So my summary would be - this is a great book, but you have to apply the exercises, find the ones that work for you and stick with it. I would be very surprised to find anyone that had actually done this, that could then say that nothing in the book helped them find peace and contentment.

There is something in there that will resonate with everyone - you just have to dig a bit deeper to find it.

I highly recommend this book if you really want to find peace and contentment without making major life or personality changes.

The focus of this book is how to love yourself just the way you are, stop beating yourself up and learn how to love your inner pessimist.

5.0 out of 5 stars On the Road to Finding Big Peace!, 25 Nov 2009
There are millions of self books out there but this book is fabulously thought provoking and dynamic! I am only half way through it but I am already so much more aware of my thoughts than before and subsequently the impact they have on my life. We all need a bit more Peace in our minds and our lives and this book is a great tool to enable us to do that. Clearly you have to apply the tips to make it work and I find that if I need to ponder on a tip for longer than a day I do. Lets face it if its making you stop and think thats a good thing in mid of the chaos- anything for a bit of Peace right? There is a lot of powerful stuff in there and lots to think about. Also really enjoyed and recommend Suzy Greaves first book The Big Leap.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book at bed time, 12 Oct 2009
C. Rawlinson - See all my reviews
This is the perfect book to dip in and out of anytime you feel out of balance. Unlike other self help books I've read, which have often left me feeling overwhelmed, I found the book's style of biteszie chunks totally managable. I also really enjoyed the collective wisdom of many gurus, writers, and poets which filled the books pages. Totally inspiring - I highly recommend this book, it's my favourite book at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for stress, 18 July 2014
Mrs. E. Shonfeld "egirl" (Thames Ditton GB) - See all my reviews
My daughter is finding this. Very useful in controlling stress. Borrowed it from library then bought it for her. Book is broken into sections and is very well written.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mishmash of existing coaching tools, 7 Oct 2009
The other limiting factor is the old "90 day" programme formula where every day you are supposed to read a tip and implement it.In real life,it takes most of us much longer to reflect ,then implement then measure your progress.
Only invest in this if you are totally new to the field of coaching and self-development and treat it a beginner's guide.

3.0 out of 5 stars not so peaceful for everyone, 3 Oct 2009
newtricks (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
this book is ok but not the one for me. I was expecting more relaxing things from it. it appears and s supposed to be some sort of self help book? depends what your looking for I felt the title is misleading for the actual content of the book sorry not what I expected.

The Big Peace: Find Yourself Without Going Anywhere
The Big Peace: Find Yourself Without Going Anywhere by Suzy Greaves (Paperback - 7 Sep 2009)