5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Messenger, 27 Jun 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
I recently watched the BBC2 Everyman documentary 'Talking to the Dead'. Gordon Smith stood out head and shoulders above the other mediums in this programme as being totally honest and believable. His reading was spot-on and so I picked up his book when I saw it on sale. I've never read anything on spiritualism before but Gordon had sparked my interest and I was keen to hear what he had to say. I found his book an easy and enjoyable read and it shattered all my pre-conceptions about mediums and how they work. The passion Gordon has for helping others come to terms with the passing on of loved ones shines through and the details of his readings are gripping. Written with humour and compassion this is a fascinating reveal into the working life of a genuine, UK medium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Messenger, 30 Jun 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
Entertaining, fascinating and informative. Gordon Smith shares the joy his work gives others and his own love of mediumship in his book. I read from start to finish in one sitting!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 25 Jun 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
Gordon Smith's autobiography is a gripping read. Funny and incredibly modest about his gift, Gordon is an incredible medium. The book is packed with amazing case studies of the hundreds of incredibly accurate readings Gordon has given to people all over the world. Spirit Messenger is entertaining,educational and highly moving. Gordon answers all the most frequently asked questions about his life and works. This is essential reading for anyone interested in understanding more about mediumship and how it works. Gordon, the star of a recent Everyman documentary, is without doubt one of the UK's top mediums. A psychic barber with a difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Man of Integrity, 25 Jun 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
Gordon Smith's book makes compelling reading: his account of contact with the spirit world is extraordinary, and an incredible insight into the life of a medium. Gordon is clearly a down-to-earth bloke with an amazing gift and he tells his story with great modesty. He leaves it to some of his clients to describe the profound impact that his messages from the other side have had on their lives.
At times this book has you in stiches, as Gordon describes some of the follies and foibles of trainee mediums and psychics. His humour has great warmth, and he is never cruel, but it is clear that Gordon dislikes the wooliness that some mediums can slip into.
His own readings sound razor-sharp and extremely accurate, and the account of his work with scientists researching mediumistic abilities is fascinating. I would highly reccommend this book to anyone interested in the afterlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars spirit messenger, 2 Nov 2004
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
what can i say i picked up this book and read it within three days, i do not read books normally. once i started the content was such that i did not want to put it down, i laughed i felt tearful i wished i could do such things and give such joy to people whom have only grief in their lives or crave the answers that Gordon appears to be able to give.
i am awaiting the next book and hope it is as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars spirits lifted, 9 Jun 2009
Mark N. Salt "the greenman" (stoke uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spirit Messenger: The Remarkable Story Of A Seventh Son Of Seventh Son (Paperback)
An honest concise look into the spirit world, interesting and informative gordon tells of his experiences in an entertaining and informative way.great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars spirit messenger, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
What ever your religion or philosophy on life....the one thing that comes across in this book is humility and kindness. Keep life simple...learn and enjoy life and learn to laugh at ourselves.
These are gifts given to us that help us to cope with the journey ahead.
A good down to earth book by a Glaswegian lad with his feet firmly on the ground !
A++++

4.0 out of 5 stars review of Gordon's book., 9 July 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
What ever your view point or religion, the one think that comes across in this book is kindness and humility. A quality which can enrich all our lives.
I have an incline that this isn't the end for us...perhaps there is more beyond this life. But what i do know is that this life is so precious. Relish every moment...learn to laugh at yourself and don't take life too seriously. Enjoy the time we have and show kindness and consideration to others.
(perhaps i did get something from this book !)

5.0 out of 5 stars I seen a spirit.., 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Kindle Edition)
I might be the first person that will write a review and tell you that because I may have seen a ghost because of this book. I first picked up this book when I was 17 and at that time I so happened to see a spirit of a young boy in my room. It communicated with me but I don't know whether it was just this book or if it was the vast array of spirtiual books I was reading at the time.. or maybe just lucky to see a spirit. I've never seen one since but I bought this book again because I am a firm believer in the spirit world because of my experience and would hope that this book was the reason I seen the spirit. But who knows..

The good thing about this book is that Gordon tells you exactly what to do. He keeps it simple and even advises not to buy too many books on the subject etc. Instead choosing to practice the meditations and finding your guidance. The book is written like a story of his life with some tutorials mixed in.

Now if only I could see another spirit..

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Messenger, 23 Jun 2003
This review is from: Spirit Messenger (Paperback)
A great read! Thouroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Very informative on a subject that I didn't know much about. The addition of humour made it all the more enjoyable and easier to read. I would definitely recommend it.

Spirit Messenger: The Remarkable Story Of A Seventh Son Of Seventh Son