5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
Being used to Dorling Kindersley travel guides I didnt have great expectations of this - the only one I could find on Porto, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were several maps covering different areas & the public transport map (& info) was easy to follow. By reading this before our 4 night stay I was able to plan a tentative itinerary (including a trip to...
Published on 22 Feb 2012 by K. Bannerman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not comprehensive enough.
I bought this book as it was the only one dedicated to the city of Porto that I could find. I agree that this book came in useful, but after doing research on the internet about the city, I found that the book missed out on a lot of things to see and do. Especially when traveling with children. I suggest buying this book as there is no real alternative, but do make...
Published on 24 Aug 2012 by Fair reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars small, practical, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Porto, pocket guides 3rd, (Thomas Cook Publishing) (Paperback)
you should not travel without it. There are so many pocket guides most of them with too much information that you dont have time to read. This one is clear, easy to read, full of essential information but accessible and readable. Highly recommended. I am thinking about buying another guide from the same editor for my next trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic guide to Porto, 20 April 2013
Covers the vast majority of the main things to do and see in Porto. Reliable info to the extent that I tested it. Perhaps could have benefitted from a few more options of things to do outside the city (only two other towns mentioned)

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT LITTLE GUIDE, 12 April 2013
This is a great little guide which is easy to carry around with you which we found really useful whilst in Porto. Unfortunately it was in the rucksack we had stolen in Lisbon but we would buy it again if we go back to Porto.

2.0 out of 5 stars A very average guidebook, 28 Mar 2013
I bought this as it was the only guide book on Porto I could find. However, I would recommend that you dont need it. The area is small enough to investigate yourself, and if you have vaguely helpful staff at your hotel, they will be able to recommend the best places to go, and provide you with a map! unfortunately due to its publish date being 2011, much of the information is out-dated, and unreliable. It was a useful guide prior to visiting, highlighting specific sites, but that was the only useful feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Porto Pocket Guide, 11 Feb 2013
A good basic guide - which comes in a handy size for carrying around. There are some interesting points made in the book and some good suggestions for places to visit - pictures are OK - how does it compare with some others guides? Well the fact that I could actually get a book solely on Porto was a good starter - I do prefer some of the other more colourful books, but this was a good reasonably inexpensive book that will supplement any info you can find on the net..

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 21 Nov 2012
Ignoring the odd info error the thing that nearly made me throw this in the gutter is the large number of errors in the maps. There are roads shown on the map that don't exist and those that are planely there that are not marked. There is even a case where a major highlight - the tower - is shown in two places !.
In the old town of porto navigation is difficult with this careless ness. Thank goodness I had mapdroid on my phone. Just avoid this book.

Porto, pocket guides 3rd, (Thomas Cook Publishing)
Porto, pocket guides 3rd, (Thomas Cook Publishing) by Anwer Bati (Paperback - 18 Aug 2011)
Used & New from: £4.42