Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 22 September 2013
Bought this while on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. No sex, no romance but thoroughly satisfying. The characters are all believable and well drawn - I could not put it down.
on 29 November 2013
Set in late 50's America when blacks still didn't have equal rights. Good story, very griping, could be a true story. If you liked The Help, you'll like this!
on 12 January 2014
Not an easy book to get into at the start, but well worth persevering with. The story line soon develops into a gripping exposition of friendship under extraordinary circumstances and the consequences of taking responsibility. The characters are well crafted and the reader is an invisible spectator to the the ultimate triumph of love over hate and racism. Difficult to put down, the reader's own views are then challenged by the study questions at the end. The Sweetest HallelujahHighly recommended.
on 1 January 2014
This is special book. The story could be so sad but the author cleverly shows how friendship, love compassion, forgiveness bridges everything , healing wounds and bringing new life and hope. A wonderful start to 2014
on 17 May 2014
Got this book as reviewer said if you like The Help you will like this. Well I love The Help and I loved this. Its a sad story about a black woman dying of cancer and needing someone to look after her daughter. But its not depressing, the women in the story are strong, intelligent likeable characters. You will cry, laugh and most importantly want to turn over every page to find out how it will all turn out.
A brilliant page-turner of a book.
on 29 January 2014
I loved this book! It's a wonderful story and very well written. It made me laugh out loud and cry tears of sadness.

I could not put it down until I had read the last page.
on 6 December 2013
I enjoyed this book. The characters are believable and likeable. I found myself caring about what happened to them as the story unfolded.
on 22 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book and found it difficult to put down. The author clearly had a good understanding of how a child's mind worked, and I really felt I knew Billie personally. I highly recommend.
on 6 February 2014
Loved this book and it told the story so well of how class distinction and colour of our skin can be overcome. I finished this book in one day as I just could not put it down. Great read
on 24 May 2014
I bought this after reading reviews like ' If you loved 'The Help' you'll love this, and i did, i loved it so i bought this. I am 40% through and have regretfully given up. You dont really get to know the characters before the story gets going, the story was weak and predictable and i really did'nt care what happened to any of them, sorry !!!!