5.0 out of 5 stars What if every decision you made could change the world?
The 2nd Book in the Red Letter Series, follows on well from Devil's Bargain.
'The money Lucia and her new partner recieved to open their detective agency had some with strings: any assignment delivered via red envelope had to be top priority. No Sweat. No one could make Lucia fo something she didn't believe in - right?
Wrong. Lucia soon learned that every choise...
Published on 26 Mar 2006 by Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars It was Okay
I read the first book, but wasn't too huge a fan. Still, I knew that I wanted to purchase the other, so that was what I did. When I received the book, I was a little disappointed with the story. I am not a big fan of one story, many points of view. Two is enough for me. Still, this was an easy read and very good layout.
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What if every decision you made could change the world?, 26 Mar 2006
Kelly "I am a busy mum of 2 under 3's, audio ... (Paulton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The 2nd Book in the Red Letter Series, follows on well from Devil's Bargain.
Wrong. Lucia soon learned that every choise she made meant life or death for innocent people. No one could be trusted, not even the ex-cop she'd hired - and fallen for. In fact, Ben might be her fatal weakness, if the powers warring to control the future used him to control Lucia...'
Lucia and Jazz are two great kick ass charachters, and i would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone. If you like Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong and Charlaine Harris, i am sure you will love this series.
BUY IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Devil's Due, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Devil's Due (Red Letter Days) (Paperback)
Lucia Garza is stuck in the middle of a power struggle between two powerful but sinister psychic organisations The Cross Society and Eidolon. She and her partner Jazz have been working with The Cross Society believing they are the good guys however, she is not sure who she can trust anymore, even Jazz's ex-partner and their newly hired private detective Ben McCarthy.

Devil's Due is the Second book in Caine's Red Letter Day series and starts right where Devil's Bargain left but from the point of view of Lucia instead of Jazz. This book is fast paced and has nonstop action and tension.

While I enjoyed this book I just could not connect with Lucia even though I am more like her than Jazz. I think part of this might be because her past is mentioned quite a bit but we never get to find out much about it.

I also could not feel the chemistry between Lucia and her love interest and just could not understand why they were drawn together. However, I could feel that Jazz and Lucia clicked as, while they are both different, they are really good friends and work well together.

While I did prefer Devil's Bargain, this book did wrap up the series nicely and has a good and interesting story. I would recommend Devil's Due to people who like Devil's Bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Devil's Due (Red Letter Days - Book 2), 7 May 2013
To know whats going on here, you really do need to read the first book - Devis's Bargain. I don't normally read super natural stories, but so enjoyed these two books. The first book really hooked me and I just had to read the second to know what happened...... I loved the characters especially the feisty ex detective Jazz...... So much one line humour which had me laughing out aloud. A gritty storyline through out. I would recommend the double read to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I now need a rest!!!!, 16 Dec 2012
Feel like I need a day off after reading this book, I was kept guessing right up until the very end. Is he a bad guy or a good guy? Are they setting them up or helping them? It was very cryptic, I have mentioned that there is a very old fashioned feel to this story and I stand by that but this book steps up the action and mystery. The relationship between Lucia and McCarthy falls into place but still I had my suspicions about him and I loved how Jazz and Borden are still on different sides but maintain a loving couple. The second part of the Red Letter Day series sees the connection between the female partners grow until like a married couple they predict each other's moves and are so in tune with each other that now during the frantic fight scenes they almost move as one. I hope there will be a third and would love to find out about Lucia's past (the woman is seriously scary!)

5.0 out of 5 stars a thrilling read, 1 July 2014
I preferred this one to the first book as it was more fast paced and it explained just enough to keep you reading with out being completely frustrated! I really enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 27 April 2014
CK (Gloucester) - See all my reviews
I was given the first book by a friend and I could not put that down, quickly downloaded part 2 (thank goodness for the kindle so you don't have to wait for delivery) and it was brilliant - I really wish there were going to be more in the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 4 Dec 2013
brilliant as usual by this author but I refuse to write so much for each little object and do will cut and paste this into each section to avoid having to retype endlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The continuation of Devil's Bargain,, 25 Nov 2013
The continuation explains a lot that had been left unsaid and introduces parts that will need explaining. It is written to the same high standard as the previous novel with humout and facts intermingled. We see the obvious attraction of Jazz and borden develop into something more postive. Likewise there are developments between Lucia and Ben, now that he has been released, but a problem has arisen as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Different, 15 Nov 2013
As a Morganville addict I was surprised how much I also enjoyed this series, looking forward to the next book

4.0 out of 5 stars :), 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Devil's Due (Red Letter Days) (Paperback)
Recommended for fans of the first book and Rachel Caine's other work.

This is different from the Morganville series so I wouldn't compare it to it as the story is completely different. I also think fans of crime, thrillers and fantasy will love this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Devil's Due (Red Letter Days)
Devil's Due (Red Letter Days) by Rachel Caine (Paperback - 1 Feb 2013)
5.65