5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Conclusion
Published 23 months ago by ReadWriteReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Mainly for the younger generation but a good book and a nice finish to the series, worth reading, light reading
Published 20 months ago by Debz

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Conclusion, 15 April 2013
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
I caught up with this series last year and I was devastated to realise that it would all end in 2013 with, With All My Soul. I really love this series and I was worried about saying goodbye to my favourite characters but after reading, I can assure you that this is a great ending to the series. This book made me feel so many emotions while reading. I knew this was the end but I wanted to savour every sentence and each individual word Rachel Vincent had placed in the final book of the Soul Screamers series. With All My Soul, is a remarkable ending and one all fans will love and cherish.

With All My Soul begins at Emma's funeral, together the group watch the burial of their friend who isn't actually dead. It's while watching that Kaylee realises that she must put an end to Avery's evil plans once and for all, especially before anyone gets killed. She will be in charge of the plan to end the hellions rein over her school but she needs her friends to help her carry it out. Kaylee begins to realise how much her friends are willing to sacrifice to help her and it makes a lot of thinking necessary on Kaylee's part. Time is ticking and when her dad is taken she gets angrier than ever. It doesn't help that her anger just draws a whole new hellion to her. It's time for Kaylee to make the ultimate and final sacrifice.

Through the course of these books I have watched Kaylee grow and develop as a character and she does even more so in this final novel. Kaylee has watched her friends sacrifice themselves for her, her family have suffered because of her, some relationships have become strained and others have developed, and it all revolves around Kaylee and Avery's need to have her soul. If Kaylee wasn't there they would be safe. Kaylee makes a plan but she knows it's a long shot if it's to be successful and when her father is taken she realises that more and more people are going to get hurt because of her. Kaylee learns a lot in this book, we see her become very independent and sometimes reckless but she does things on her own without input from any of the others. Kaylee has grown so much and now is an individual woman who knows she doesn't need to rely on others. She has the power to stop this and only her. She comes to terms with a sacrifice she needs to make and it is heart-breaking to see her carry it out. Its here we see Kaylee as the courageous heroine she is, willing to make sacrifices to save those around her. I really enjoyed how this novel mainly centred on Kaylee. Yes the others are there but she does things independently and I think that's a big step for someone who only found out they were a bean sidhe a year ago. Kaylee has grown up tremendously and learnt a lot, it's with this realisation that the reader knows that Kaylee will be ok, even when there are no more books about her.

The others are as quirky as ever. My favourite of course will always be Tod. Sigh, he's so right for Kaylee and he knows she has to do things on her own and he lets her even if he doesn't like it. We see Kaylee keep things from him in this book and their relationship becomes stronger and more developed because of it. Vincent, when can I get my Tod? Nash finally comes to terms with a few things in this book, yes he still has some episodes of outrage but he makes some mature decisions. It really is like watching a child grow up before your eyes, it's happened so quickly and you try to savour the final moments before they go off into the world. Sabine is still her loud and confident self but she's a friend to Kaylee when she needs it. I liked the better view on both Sophie and Emma in this book as it allowed the reader to connect with them before the end. I've said before and I will say it again, the characters Rachel Vincent creates are always so fleshed out and you receive a wide variety of personalities and this just makes the journey more fun and enjoyable.

I also really enjoyed the introduction of Ira, the demon of wrath and how he proved to be a valuable asset despite the risk of his involvement and of course the payment. I didn't see the ending of this book coming at all, Vincent kept the ball rolling from the first page and even later on in the novel we don't know what Kaylee's going to do until she says some goodbyes. Oh my I was heartbroken reading one particular scene, I still can't fathom it, it was so right but so wrong at the same time. It hurt my heart. With All My Soul is full of action and adventure and there are some tough decisions being made by Kaylee. The results will shock the reader but the ending was so good. It really wrapped things up for me and showed us that no matter what happens life will go on.

With All My Soul is a magnificent ending to a strong and original series. The novel wraps up all loose ends and leaves the reader satisfied, also slightly emotional. Yes it may be the end of Kaylee and the gang but the journey has been worthwhile and one I recommend to all new readers. Rachel Vincent has written a very satisfying conclusion to her YA series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Conclusion to a Fantastic seris, 22 May 2013
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
I have to applaud Rachel Vincent on how she ended this series. For me, it was just perfect. I finished this book with a big smile on my face, but then remembered it was all over and wasn't quite so happy then. I truly enjoyed this series from start to finish and it's one I'll definitely look forward to reading again in the future.

Avari is back, and once again threatening the people that Kaylee loves. When he takes someone close to her, she realises that he's never going to stop until he gets hold of her immortal soul. And maybe it's time for her to make the ultimate sacrifice.

This series is a firm favourite for me now, especially as the ending was something that I was extremely happy with. Many series that I had enjoyed throughout, were ruined for me by events in the last book and how the series was ended, ensuring that it was a series that I would be unlikely to pick up again, or to recommend.

I love the characters in these books. The way they interact with each other, the sarcasm, the humour, the bickering and especially, the awesome swoonworthy moments all endear these books to me. And no matter what happens, or what they go through, they're all there for each other 100 per cent.

The Soul Screamers series has many ups and downs, sad moments as well as happy. I actually changed Teams about halfway through, something I don't think I've ever done before or since, but Nash lost his appeal for me when he was addicted to demon's breath, whereas this was around the same time that Tod seemed to capture my attention more. And Kaylees too.

Kaylee has been a constant favourite protag of mine and Emma, one of my favourite best friend characters. What she goes through in this series really broke my heart and only endeared her to me even more, especially in this book.

This is truly a fantastic series that I would definitely recommend to paranormal readers, and I'm really sad that it has come to an end. Bean sidhes were an original idea for me when I started this series, and I've yet to come across a book with anything similar. I'll definitely be making it my business to read Rachel Vincent's other series now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect ending, 16 April 2013
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
This series has been one of my favourites in the young adult genre and I'm now really sad to be seeing it end. After following Kaylee and her friends for 6 books up until this point, I couldn't wait to see how everything ended for them all. As this is the last book in the series, there may be spoilers for the previous books.

Kaylee has spent most of her time as a banshee escaping from the hellion of greed, Avari. For some reason, he wants her and her soul to torment for the rest of time and won't stop until he has what he wants. This means him hurting many of her close friends and family, with them all fighting to stay alive a lot of the time. No matter what they try though, Avari seems unstoppable. This final book focuses on Kaylee trying to find a way to protect all of her friends without their being any more casualties. Due to the nature of the plot, it is extremely exciting. There is plenty going on in each chapter and so many twists and turns.

Throughout the whole series, I have loved Kaylee as a character and the protagonist. Even though she has been through so much, including dying herself, she is never selfish. Kaylee is always on the lookout for her friends and family, wanting to do what she thinks is best to keep them safe and out of harm's way. While this doesn't always go down too well, I loved her determination and strength to get things done. This aspect of Kaylee also shows just how much her friends and family mean to her. She has done some pretty crazy things to keep them alive.

Due to Avari threatening everyone around her, just to get what he wants, Kaylee definitely sees red in this book. While she has been strong willed and determined up until now, I have never seen her so angry and hell-bent on making things right. The anger absolutely pours out of her and I thought it made her a better character. Speaking of anger, while Avari is the hellion of greed, we get to meet Ira in this book who is the hellion of wrath. He takes great pleasure in Kaylee's new anger and uses it against her at times. He is also so much creepier than Avari in my eyes due to some of the things he does. Urgh is all I can say about him.

With All My Soul has a fantastic mix of excitement and emotion. Rachel Vincent has done a wonderful job with the whole series but this book is by far my favourite even though it is the last book. Within this one, there are so many loose ends tied up and questions answered. Vincent has made sure that this book is one hell of an emotional ride. Just when you think you know what is going to happen - BAM - a big shock comes in. I laughed at certain parts, I was angry with Kaylee for a large chunk of the book and I also had a little cry as well.

I couldn't put this book down and cannot recommend the series highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul Screamers book 7, 9 April 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
I have been a massive fan of the Soul Screamers series ever since I read the first book so I have to admit I was quite nervous about picking up this final book in the series. I was sad that the story would be coming to an end and worried in case I didn't like the ending but I should have known better - Rachel Vincent has never let me down yet and With All My Soul is a fitting end to the series. I'm going to deliberately keep this review fairly short because I would absolutely hate to give away how it ends but please note that this is the seventh book in the series so my review may contain spoilers for the previous books. If you've not read the first six books then I don't recommend reading any further but I do recommend immediately dropping everything to catch up because this is a series that isn't to be missed.

Kaylee and her friends have been through so much throughout this series at the hands of Hellion of greed Avari and he isn't going to stop coming after them until he has what he wants - Kaylee's soul to torture for eternity. They have taken numerous casualties but haven't managed to find a way to hurt Avari in return and things are starting to get desperate. Kaylee just wants to protect those she cares about and she has an idea for a way to turn the three Hellions against each other in the hope that they will destroy themselves but that isn't going to be as easy as it sounds and Kaylee may have to make a sacrifice that she isn't prepared for if she has any hope of succeeding. Kaylee has always been a strong character but she excels herself in this book, she has always put the safety of her friends and family above her own and she has gone to great lengths to protect others. That doesn't change in this book, in fact she is going to have to be even smarter and braver than ever before if she has any chance of looking after the ones she loves. She is facing some fearsome enemies and that is going to mean making some incredibly hard decisions but anyone who knows her will know that she doesn't back down from a challenge.

With All My Soul ends the series with a bang, the story is fast paced, full of action and takes some very unexpected turns. Characters I've loved to hate in previous books managed to make me fall in love with them and some of the events in this book broke my heart. I laughed, I cried and I prayed for my favourites to survive until the end but I always had a fear at the back of my mind that something major would happen. I'm not going to tell you who makes it, I'm not going to tell you if they all live, I'm not actually going to tell you anything else at all apart from that this is a MUST read for fans of the series. Rachel Vincent has ended Kaylee's story on a high and as much as I'm going to miss these characters I'm happy that I'll be able to look back at this series with fond memories and without feeling disappointed by the ending. Now I'm just eager to see what the author comes up with next, I already know from experience that I love both her adult and young adult books so whatever it is she writes it will automatically be added to my must buy list.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to end a great series!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
First of all I can't believe this series has come to an end! The first book in this amazing series got me hooked on Vincent's writing and since then I have been eagerly awaiting every book she has released.

A part of me didn't want to read With All My Soul as I didn't want it to end and I was nervous about how the author would tie everything up. A few of my favourite series ended badly for me and I didn't want to finish this series on a low. The other part of me was jumping around when I received the book in the post though and I couldn't wait to start reading it. It took so much effort for me to restrain myself from flicking ahead to the end (something I have developed a bad habit for) but I'm glad I did refrain from peaking as it was worth the wait.

With All My Soul was definitely not what I expected and it definitely didn't turn out the way I thought it would, it was so much better! It was fast paced, and full of action that was unpredictable and kept me turning the pages from start to finish in one sitting. There were twists everywhere, and I especially loved the ending. I really didn't see that twist coming and it ended so well. It felt like Vincent had thought about the ending and took time in writing it so everything linked faultlessly, made sense and left the reader satisfied with the resolve as it felt like a natural conclusion that was final. For once I didn't come away feeling annoyed by the way a series ended, I am a little sad it's over but it ended so well I more happy and hey that's what re-reads are for!

Kaylee has been a great character throughout the series and I have loved seeing how she developed into a strong and determined female lead that made her own choices. I also loved the romances in this series and everything about the way that ended was great. I haven't liked Nash for the past few books and I didn't when I started reading this one but by the end it had made me love him again and even though I still prefer Tod it was nice to read about the softer side of Nash again.

Overall this is one of my favourite series and Vincent is one of my favourite authors. Her work is original and her writing is brilliant. I would highly recommend Soul Screamers and any of Vincent's other series to all YA, paranormal fans as they are action packed, unpredictable, fast paced and gripping! Now I'm going to be eagerly awaiting for the the release of Oath Bound (Unbound #3).

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible end to the series, and completely awe-inspiring!, 5 April 2013
Jo (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
I was so excited to read this book when it arrived. The final book in the series! I was eager to see how Rachel Vincent would finish the story, how she would wrap everything up, but she completely blew my mind with exactly how she did it! Something I wasn't expecting at all!

Kaylee has had enough. Her best friend's soul is in another body - because of hellions. Her friend Alec is dead - because of hellions. Various other people are dead, and her friends and family are in constant danger - because of hellions. More specifically, because of Avari's obsession with her. This time, Kaylee's taking the fight to the hellions rather than waiting for them to hurt someone she loves, and she is raging. She wants hellion blood, and she wants it to pour. Kaylee will do whatever it takes to keep the her loved ones safe. But the stakes are raised when Avari abducts her father. The only question is, what price is she willing to pay?

Oh my god, I don't even know where to start! Kaylee is driven by pure rage throughout this novel, and we have have never seen her so angry! The Kaylee we have come to love is a girl who puts everyone else's safety before her own, will do all she can to save those who need rescuing, and put her life on the line in order to do it. She's still the same girl, but this time, she doesn't want to wait until somebody else gets hurt, she wants to take action before danger strikes. Unfortunately, Avari makes a move before Kaylee's plan can really be put into action, and danger creeps ever closer.

This book is really hard to review, because it's all so important, and I don't want to spoil anything for you. We are introduced to a new hellion, Ira, the hellion of wrath, and I'd say he is possibly even more creepier than Avari. Oh my god, the things he does and suggests are so bloody disturbing. It's visceral and graphic, and god, it made my stomach turn. I am not his biggest fan. No, I do not like him at all.

Kaylee is at her most strongest in this book. I know she's a character of fiction, and the world she lives in is a complete fantasy, but my god, Kaylee has to be the most admirable character I have ever read - especially in With All My Soul. She has so much love for those around her, and she makes the hardest decisions for them. This girl has so much courage and strength, both of which are fueled by the love she feels for her friends and family, and the love she receives from them. It's because of this she is able to make the decisions she does, but I was still completely gobsmacked. I swear, no matter what you think will happen in this book, it's not going to be what you expect! As well as being so loving, strong and courageous, Kaylee is also incredibly smart! Seriously smart. I don't know whether I admire her more for her courage or her intelligence. I truly feel all girls should read this series, not just because it's awesome, but also so they can get to this book and be as awe-inspired by Kaylee's heroism, just like I am. Despite being fictional, Kaylee is such an inspiration, and I would love to be as strong, courageous and smart as she is in my own world; in my own life.

I am not going to say either way whether With All My Soul ends happily or sadly. All I'm going to say is that Vincent really knows how to put her characters through hell, and as anyone has read her Shifters series will know, she doesn't wave a magic wand for her characters to make everything turn out wonderful and sparkly. However, it is the most incredible ending, the best ending for this series, and it had me in tears. And despite the fact that this series has ended, and I will never get to read a new book about them again, I don't feel my usual sadness, simply because there is no room for sadness as I am so filled with awe. I just want to give Vincent the biggest hug in thanks for this series; for Kaylee; and for blowing me away.

People, this is not a series to be missed. If you've yet to start, pick up book one now and read. If you started and gave up, start again. I myself wasn't the biggest fan of the first two books in the series, but I am so, so glad I continued, because the Soul Screamers is one of the most incredible YA urban fantasy/paranormal series I have ever read! Rachel Vincent, thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent, 4 April 2013
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
I can't believe this series is over! I still remember the moment I decided to pick it up. I had been a fan of Vincent's first series - Shifters - and shortly after I started book blogging, I discovered that she had a YA series coming out in the UK. I just HAD to read it. And now, two years later, I've been recommending this series to everybody I come into contact with. I didn't want it to be over *sobs*

As always, this review isn't really going to be a review. It's a ramble. A stream of thoughts. I proved to myself that I can't review this series seriously before, and so I'm not going to even try this time.

KAYLEE IS SUCH A BADASS I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She's definitely one of my favourite YA heroines. She sacrifices so much for the people that she loves, and that doesn't stop in this book.

I also adore Tod, but I felt like he was a bit different - tonally - in this one. Which makes sense, since Avari has put these guys through so much, but... I don't know, he had less witty lines in this one, and more depressing stuff. And by depressing, I mean sad sad sad.

Did you know that I've been comparing Kaylee and Tod to Veronica and Logan? Well, I have. And Nash is totally Duncan. Veronica Mars has invaded my reading world.

There was one plot point that was introduced in the beginning but didn't actually go anywhere, and to me that seemed a bit pointless. Just... Why? I was looking forward to seeing more of it and then it was all suddenly dropped because Kaylee's dad was kidnapped. Which makes sense, I guess, but dropping plot points makes me sad.

The ending made me cry. A lot. Kaylee was so clever, and she didn't rely on anyone else to get s***t done. I'm really impressed by the way she resolved the Avari issue. I was a bit worried because you go into the climax not knowing anything about what Kaylee was doing, but it turned out that her plan was brilliant.

And there was no epilogue! PRAISE THE LAWD! I really hate epilogues, especially when things can be resolved or wrapped up in normal chapters at the end of the book. What is the point of epilogues other than to piss me off, most of the time? I just don't know. But anyway, ending of With All My Soul had me sobbing in a Google Hangout to Tatum, and then the final chapter made it even worse. Vincent proved that you don't need to go with epilogues to wrap things up or give an insight into the future! Of course, that wouldn't work with every book, but whatever. DOWN WITH EPILOGUES.

Slight spoiler coming up...

Is anyone else hoping for a spin off series set in the same world? ..... SPOILER With Traci's son? I think it would be really interesting to get a story from his point of view, and there could even be some guest appearances and it would be fabulous. If not I might have to start writing fan fiction. / SPOILER

Overall, I'm really pleased with how one of my favourite series ended. I cried, I laughed, and now I'm going to sit here and plot out my fan fiction, because I have some excellent ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars, 30 July 2013
Amazon Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
To say I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book is a massive understatement! But at the same time, knowing it was the last in the series, made me hesitant to read it. Not because I was worried I wouldn't like it - but because I didn't want the series to end! And what can I say? Rachel Vincent has outdone herself with this - it is such a brilliant end to one of my favourite series!

It's really hard to review this one as I really don't want to give out any spoilers. But lets just say that the stakes are raised event higher and I had no idea how Kaylee & co would get out of this one! One of the things I absolutely love about Rachel Vincent's books is not just how well they are written (and the awesome characters!) but how well plotted they are. Everything falls into place brilliantly - but I never see any of it coming. She always manages to surprise me with details I had completely overlooked - it's one of the things that continues to amaze me with her books.

So does all end well for Kaylee and her friends? Well, you are just going to have to read it to find out!

I can't wait to see what Rachel Vincent writes next - and I know I'll be first in the queue to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing (but sad) ending to the Soul Screamers series, 23 May 2013
This review is from: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) (Paperback)
Kaylee is sick of the constant death threats (and deaths) in her circle of friends and family. She decides it's time to end it all and comes up with a plan to finish the war with the hellions (well, mostly one in particular) once and for all. But then it gets taken out of her control when Avari decides to up the stakes.

Yet another one of my favourite series has ended. This saddens me so much - I like Tod and Sabine, and to a slightly lesser extent Kaylee, Sophie & Emma/(Emily). This book really finishes the series off with a bang.

There's happiness, there's tears, there's heartbreak, there's trauma. But most importantly, there's a kick ass story with some awesome characters that I will truly miss. I like the revelation about Kaylee & Tod's relationship (no spoilers from me but it's a good'un) and also seeing how Nash & Sabine's relationship is growing and changing - even though Nash is still a bit of a knob about Kaylee & Tod. And even though the ending of the book means the ending of the series, I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome :), 16 Feb. 2015
I haven't yet read this one but I'm mostly going off the whole series. (Also I'm sure I'll love this one too!)
I genuinely love the characters and the plots but the things that let it slip a little bit, was that little things have slipped through the editing process (like Kaylee's dad's age... one book he's 134 and the one after he's 132) and also I found it SO disappointing that her blurbs give away too many things that she is trying to keep a secret or shock reveal in the books :\
It's not like a standard teen love story though, I would say, because Kaylee is a lot stronger than most of the sops xD And while love rectangles do occur, I didn't actually notice it for a looooong time, it wasn't the whole point of the books :P
Other than that, a great GREAT series with bits that make you laugh, fist-pump the air and cry for half an hour... ^_^

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers)
With All My Soul (Soul Screamers) by Rachel Vincent (Paperback - 5 April 2013)