5.0 out of 5 stars A unique and unforgettable love story!
Pushing the Limits is an intriguing and addictive YA contemporary that will make your heart melt. Katie McGarry delivers a unique and unforgettable love story.

Echo and Noah are two troubled teens with unthinkable pasts. They are thrown together at the lowest point of their lives; Echo is battling with the memories of the most horrific night of her life and...
Published on 21 Aug 2012 by Sam

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok
I thought this book was ok for teen lit but not as good as the reviews made it seem. It's a bit anticlimactic
Published 20 months ago by Sabrina

‹ Previous | 1 2 363 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Mar 2013
I liked Echo and Noah immediately. I like that the POV flipped from Echo and Noah, it helped me become completely absorbed in the story to the point where at around 29% in I was actually sobbing. Sobbing at a book- a first for me!

There isn't a single thing I dislike about this book. Unlike other YA books I've picked up, it's not all rainbows and teenage angst; The writing isn't fluff and soppy words. The people in the book are real, realistic teenagers with real issues. There's depth, dark pasts and personal struggles and there is a well written, brilliant romance.

I just wish Katie would have wrote another book based on Noah and Echo as I'm just not ready to give them up yet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 14 Jan 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Review, 30 Dec 2012
This book has a good message behind it but it didn't really turn out how I thought it would. I liked the character of Noah but I found it hard to believe that he actually loved Echo given the crude things he says about her. A quite good book though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hate the ending, love the rest!, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel) (Paperback)
4/5 Stars.

Echo Emerson had a normal life. She was the most popular girl in school, had the hottest boyfriend that loved her, a family she loved most in the world, talents and very good grades. So how did she go from popular to loner freak so quickly? All because of an incident with her mother, that no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't remember what happened. And the rest of her family? They are all determined to keep it that way. They said 'therapy' was supposed to help. Well, they couldn't possibly expect Noah. Noah is the dangerous bad boy her family warned her about. No one ever questioned what happened to her arms. Either, they already knew or thought they did and blamed her. But Noah was different. He was the only one who would listen, the only one who understood and the only one who would help her find the truth. Echo knows that the feelings they start to feel for each other are forbidden. But sometimes to find your destiny you need to break ALL the rules.

The beginning of the book was really good, i think mainly because the description of settings was fantastic, and that's rare.

The characters were all realistic, developed and i could easily picture them in my mind. They were all interesting but different at the same time. From the first page we start to know Echo and what she thinks about her family. We get to see what kind of girl our main character is, and i really, really liked that. The thing i loved the most was that we get to see both Echo's and Noah's points of view.

My feelings were all over the place whilst reading the things that Echo as well as Noah experienced in their life's. I felt so sad that they had to go through so many horrible things that happened to them, but at the same time happy for them that they made it through mentally sane. At the beginning both of them are broken and depressed ( I mean, who wouldn't after everything each of them had to go through?), but at the end they change into 2 confident and strong characters. I totally loved that change.

The scenes between Noah and Echo were intense and romantic. There were a few action scenes and many funny moments that made you want to keep reading. I just adored Noah's 2 little brothers and his 2 best friends, i found them so intriguing and was so happy that they had their own part in the story.

However, as much as i love Pushing the Limits there were some bad things as well.

1. I got so confused at the end ( when Echo started to remember what actually happened to her). One minute she is driving with Noah and then BOOOM! She has flash backs of that night and we find her in the hospital. Ermmm... " What in the world happened?"

2. I Didn't like the very ending, that too got me confused. Everything happened just to quick for my brain to process and keep up with the story. I was literally going back and checking if i accidentally missed a page or two.

Overall, Pushing the Limits is defiantly worth the time, money and if you enjoy teen love story's then this book is for you. Love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable., 30 Jun 2013
I found the characters in this novel annoying and the story very predictable. I would not recommend it to a friend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Highly unrecommended - don't believe the hype, 16 April 2013
As a seventeen year old girl, I enjoy most YA books; this was the dishonourable exception. The writing style is uneven, and it seemed as though certain passages had been awkwardly spliced in, disrupting the narrative flow. I often found it bizarre that Noah claimed to like Echo for her personality, and yet constantly objectified her with comments on her cleavage - though perhaps that is the realistic mind of a teenage boy.

I felt sorry for both Noah and Echo, but Echo in particular just seemed to have so much s*** in her life that it was unrealistic. Her parents, her friends, her school life... The whole book is just drama after drama after drama. (Also, the fact that she was so maligned yet so perfect turned her into SUCH a Mary Sue.)

The second star was added because of the character Beth. She was one of the few characters that felt realistic, and rose beyond her status as a minor character. She was bitchy and insecure, and that made her a sympathetic character.

Overall, I recommend that you don't waste your time on this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 April 2013
This is a book i really got in to and i would recommend it to many people. It was great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 30 Mar 2013
Good to have two narrators to make the thoughts realistic and helped you to warm to the characters well. Slightly predictable but still wanted to carry on reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars An astonishingly good read!!, 29 Mar 2013
**Provided by Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group for an honest review**

So i finally got head out of my arse and read this book, and boy, am i glad i did.

I FINALLY know what all the fuss was about.

The story is about two troubled teens who find themselves drawn together and find acceptance where they thought they wouldn't find it. They are both fighting their own demons and help each other realise what it is that they both want.

they both have a very strong core strength, yet both feel powerless by themselves, weak.

The author gave the characters enough credibility to make the story feel believable and real. I mean lets face it, how hasn't had a friend like Grace who only wants to be your friend on her on terms. Who hasn't struggled at times for acceptance of who we now, rather than who we were.

There is enough soul put into this book that you wont be able to stop yourself from crying at various points in the book, i certainly couldn't. The writing was excellent and the emotions felt by the characters were tangible.

The tension and romance between Noah and Echo was lovely, it was a joy to watch them both grow.

The is a book that will stay with you, one you can't stop thinking about and will just HAVE to read again.

I look forward to reading the next in the series.

An astonishingly good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Mar 2013
Really good read. I thought the characters in it were very believable. It was a page turner and i had read it in a day

‹ Previous | 1 2 363 | Next ›

Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel) by Katie McGarry (Paperback - 3 Aug 2012)
5.44