on 18 June 2013
I originally bought the first book in this series and quickly went back and bought all of the others too. Slowly working my way through them but they have all been great reads - got nothing else done though!
on 17 June 2013
Gripping is the first word I can think of with this book the way she switches from the current too the present interspersed with recipes sound like just too much trouble but no it's intriguing from start to finish bring on the next
on 15 July 2013
I've really loved and enjoyed reading this trilogy, I'm still on the last one and really don't want to finish it because then what will I read?
Full of lust, love, romance, mystery and secrets ...everything I relish reading about. I especially love how in each book you discover the past and present story of particular characters mentioned in all 3 books and how their histories are interwoven into other characters histories and ultimately their futures. It helps to really sucks you into the 'world' that is set in the town of Avalon.
Jenny is an engaging heroine. She is determined to make her own way in life but experiences barriers - she finds out that her family is not who she thought and her house and all her possessions are destroyed in a fire. She is finding her way with a new family and then with a new relationship.

The author explores these changes in Jenny's life in a thoughtful way. Jenny doesn't adjust instantly to what is happening and she makes mistakes along the way. This is warm hearted and romantic reading. Enjoyable.
on 21 June 2013
Part of a series, draws the reader in and leaves us wanting more. Well recommended, I have read three so far and look forward to reading more
on 12 October 2013
Have so far read two in this series have greatly enjoyed both, am now looking forward to the next instalment. Amazing books
on 2 April 2014
This is the second book in this series although could probably be read as a standalone but having enjoyed the first and now second have already downloaded book 3. I have a feeling l will get hooked into The Lakeside Chronicles and the Bellamy family and more in the series will be necessary to read! Certainly can recommend this author.
on 30 June 2013
This is the second one that I have read and I have to say I'm hooked. The Winter Lodge is a really good read I like that you slowly learn more about some of the characters at the same time as the main story unfolds. I thought that putting the recipes in wad a good idea and broke up the sections nicely. A really nice easy to read book.
on 14 September 2013
I had never read Susan Wiggs before reading the Lakeside Chronicles, but she is now a firm favourite. She fills her stories with down-to-earth, everyday characters and you quickly become so involved in their lives that you can't wait to she how things will turn out. I will certainly look out for more books by this author!
on 1 July 2013
I am really enjoying this series of books and am now on book 3. I find them hard to put down once I start them. The sereis makes for really good holiday or indeed anytime reading. If you are looking to escape your routine for a while then I recommend a visit to Willow Lake and Avalon