on 30 July 2013
Just got this book for my daughter. Had a read, couldn't put it down. Never mind drama school, some of this is great for life in general.
This will sort everything out for you and clue you in, regarding applying and all the other stuff. I never realised there was so much to know and do.
on 11 February 2014
As the parent of an aspiring actor, this book was invaluable to me. I had searched everywhere for information and advice on how to tackle the challenging process of auditioning for drama school. This step by step, foolproof, guide was just what we needed. My son is still in the midst of auditions but has had one offer so far from an accredited drama school and I am convinced this book helped enormously My son and I would recommend The Excellent Audition Guide to anyone who is auditioning for drama school, and also to the devoted parents of those auditioning!
on 30 July 2013
This is great! I met the author once couple of years ago and he was truly amazing- and so is this book! I never knew there was so much to auditioning and I haven't got anyone to help me apply so this book will be really useful. It's really easy to read.
on 27 August 2013
Such a brilliant book, full of amazing tips for how to really feel confident when going into auditions for drama school and beyond. Drama school auditions are scary and endless, and this really helps you keep on track and mentally strong through the lows and highs of the process. Acting in auditions really does have such specific requirements and Andy Johnson helps you understand these, which makes you feel more confident, comfortable and less self-conscious, and with that you are sure to succeed.
Couldn't recommend more!
on 21 February 2015
Easily the best book on the difficult process of auditioning for a drama school in the UK. Chock-full of invaluable tips and techniques. It doesn't try to tell you that it's easy-peasy, emphasizes the hard work that is necessary to prepare for that scary few minutes. If you follow this Guide, do all the hard work, and have the talent, then you WILL get into a good drama school. But be under no illusions - talent isn't enough. As someone who has auditioned more than 4,000 young students at several of the top drama schools in London I can assure you of this. What the panel is looking for is someone a) who has talent, and b) who was worked to try and realise that talent. To take just one of the many valuable points that Johnson stresses: I cannot tell you how many times I have found that the auditionee has failed to read the actual play; on many occasions doesn't even know the playwright's name. Preparation (and a modicum of talent) is ALL. Reads this book! But, even more important, put what it teaches you into practise.
on 23 August 2013
This book is Gold dust. The Author is a wonderful teacher who taught and still teaches me so much. It gives great advice and there is always more to learn from it. Whenever I had lessons by Andy I would leave inspired and energised because of what he had to say. The book does the same thing. He made auditions fun and exciting rather than scary and worrying. Enjoy this book.
on 21 May 2014
Without this book I would not have gained a place at a top drama school. Drama school auditions are a confusing, exhausting and, at times, despairing process. This book cleared up a lot of the confusion for me and made me feel more confident than I would have without it. Could not recommend it more highly. Good luck!
on 23 August 2013
This book covers all there is to know about getting in to drama school. It highlights all the 'dos and don'ts' and offers really sensible advice to maximise your chances of doing well. I'm not sure that you can get this sort of detailed information anywhere else! Andy is renowned as one of the best drama teachers in the country, his results are incredible, and he knows exactly what he's talking about. Even if you don't want to go to drama school, the book still offers loads of useful advice about interview techniques, and how to present yourself confidently. BUY THIS BOOK!
on 30 July 2013
I am gonna try for drama school next year. I haven't read it all yet but everything is very clear
and the tips are great, like the dos and donts. It covers everything from choosing where to go and applying, to
how to choose speeches and then prepare for the auditions and actually do them.
on 12 August 2013
Great book, really easy to read, and very well laid out.
Contains lots of good dos and don'ts that will destroy some classic audition myths.
This book will really help you every step of the way and more.
A definite purchase for anyone even considering auditioning for drama school.