5.0 out of 5 stars An inspired and inspiring poetry anthology.
Poems That Will Save Your Life There are some treasures in this collection, which I find myself turning to whenever a low mood strikes. It's easy to find a quick morale boost by flicking through the sections (inspiration, encouragement, strength etc.). For instance, the poem I dipped into this morning contained the lines:

In giving the world your very best...
Published on 9 Aug. 2012 by Y.U.

2.0 out of 5 stars A poetic emetic
Published 20 months ago by GreenInk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A poetic emetic, 8 Oct. 2013
I should have been put off by the title and my comments are based on a reading of only about 40 or 50 of the poems. Reading other reviews, I see that poems have provided support and succour to those in times of difficulty, so in a way I feel bad about criticising the anthology, but for me too many of the poems are over-sentimental and cloying. You win some, you lose some .............

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspired and inspiring poetry anthology., 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Poems That Will Save Your Life (Paperback)

In giving the world your very best
Its best will return to you. Y.U.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 Jan. 2013
Nice work. Comforting in difficult times and a companion when rejoicing in the goods things that this amazing life has to offer. Kudos.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Aug. 2013
Bought to help someone suffering from cancer. It was appreciated. It contained helpful poetry, artisan in style, probably not suitable for a dedicated poetry enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Poems That Will Save Your Life (Paperback)
I am not a poetry buff, and find it hard to understand and enjoy poetry. However, i was interested in what this book might offer, so I wernt ahead and purchased. It has such lovely inspirational verse, which i find uplifting, and I find them easy to understand. this is a lovely 'comforting' book that i often turn to when I feel down, or if I want something reflect on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems that will save your life, 28 Nov. 2013
A wonderful collection of a fantastic variety of poems. A true gem of a book to keep and refer to anytime. A great companion of a book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration for those with liitle time to spare, 3 Feb. 2013
A 'dip in / out' read depending how much or little time you have. Recommended for those who like a little beauty and contemplation in the busy 21st centuary. will be keeping on my Kindle for future return to reading and when I need a little 'time out' from the rat race.
Recommended for all poetry lovers who sometimes may find they haven't a lot of time on their hands but need to reconnect to their literary souls.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear..., 30 May 2014
B. McCartney "matriximago" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Poems That Will Save Your Life (Paperback)
A good idea, nicely presented, obviously aimed at those who wouldn't normally turn to poetry. But oh dear! The last two verses of Edmund Waller's lovely poem on old age, "Of the Last Verses in the Book", are misattributed to Ernest Dowson, under the title "Old Age". Unforgivable -- I read no further.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 4 Jan. 2015
Mrs. S. Fisher "Sarah Fish" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
Like most poetry anthologies there are some you like and some you dont, but I have to agree with another reviewer that you cant browse a poetry volume on the kindle as well as you can in a paper version.

5.0 out of 5 stars in a beautifully put together book, 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Poems That Will Save Your Life (Paperback)
A lovely selection of poems, in a beautifully put together book. Bought as a gift for somebody ( adult ) who is just starting to read poetry. Recipient delighted with the gift, and is studying the poems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Poems That Will Save Your Life
Poems That Will Save Your Life by John (ed) Boyes (Paperback - 30 Jun. 2010)