on 28 November 2011
Excellent read. Clear, informative, honest. I used a Rough Guide for the first time a couple of years ago and it was my "bible". I read it before I went on holiday and consulted it almost daily whilst I was there. It helped me out no end and gave me confidence. I relied on the information within and it never let me down. I would never travel to a new country now without buying a Rough Guide.
on 16 January 2013
I'm going to Cambodia for a scientific research trip and needed to learn about the culture, services etc, and this guide is perfect. It is precise and to the point and gives handy tips to what to expect from the Cambodians, good dishes to try and what to be wary of. The perfect book to have if you're planning on or thinking of going to Cambodia.
on 15 September 2011
I haven't read the entire book yet, but I can already tell that this guide is complete and helpful. It has a lot of informations, I find it really interesting. One thing's missing: there aren't a lot of prices about accomodations and so on, but I guess in Countries like Cambodia you can't expect nothing but cheap deals (both for accomodations, food and tours). Anyway, I would suggest it to anyone I know.
on 14 October 2012
I used this for my trip thus summer to Cambodia and it was faultless: up-to-date, good maps, interesting information to read on those long bus trips...
on 3 August 2013
I've done a fair amount of overseas traveling over the years and I normally swear by the Lonely Planet guides. This time however a friend has already loaned me his copy of his Cambodia LP so I decided to invest in a second guide book as well. I have used Rough Guide books in the past when LP wasn't available hence my decision to order this publication. From first impressions it looks very encouraging read but as I said, I wont really know how helpful or accurate it is until I go on holiday later this year. Its a shame that Amazon don't seem to have a mechanism for posting follow-up reviews further down the line which would be more useful in this instance.
on 20 January 2012
The book is full of the information required and appeared up to date.Good value , just a more detailed map required
on 9 October 2013
Perfect for anyone wanting to read up on Cambodia before their trip. This guide like all of the Rough Guide series has a nice, concise chapter on the history and culture of the country which I found interesting to read.

There are lots of basic but good maps for the different cities and good maps for the temples at Siem Reap which you can easily use to find your way around.

As always the pricing information in these books is a little out of date by the time they are published but with this guide I didn't find it horrifically different, unlike the Lonely Planet guide.
on 5 January 2014
The book got us round cambodia with our backpacks. Was useful in the templates etc in terms of the history content but it wasn't that useful for accommodation. It also completely ignores koh rong but this was where we spent quite a bit of time as did most on the backpacker trail.
Good to have but we relied on wifi (which is everywhere!) to research places to stay
on 1 April 2013
Useful and informative, the standard of this Rough Guide is as good as any other Rough Guides I have used. All the essential background information, practical advice, and maps are there.
Compared to Lonely Planet Cambodia guide, I would say this Rough Guide is rather better. A pity it is not available as an ebook.
on 28 May 2015
I absolutely swear by Rough Guides. Easy for reference, great recommendations across all budgets, interesting facts...I wouldn't go anywhere new without one!
(I STILL use the same Rough Guide to Thailand that I bought in 2000 and I cannot fault it!)