5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Rough About This Guide
Published on 28 Nov 2011 by S Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Got us round
The book got us round cambodia with our backpacks. Was useful in the templates etc in terms of the history content but it wasn't that useful for accommodation. It also completely ignores koh rong but this was where we spent quite a bit of time as did most on the backpacker trail.
Good to have but we relied on wifi (which is everywhere!) to research places to stay
Published 7 months ago by Faye Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Rough About This Guide, 28 Nov 2011
S Kelly "acapellavoice" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
Excellent read. Clear, informative, honest. I used a Rough Guide for the first time a couple of years ago and it was my "bible". I read it before I went on holiday and consulted it almost daily whilst I was there. It helped me out no end and gave me confidence. I relied on the information within and it never let me down. I would never travel to a new country now without buying a Rough Guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Guide, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
I'm going to Cambodia for a scientific research trip and needed to learn about the culture, services etc, and this guide is perfect. It is precise and to the point and gives handy tips to what to expect from the Cambodians, good dishes to try and what to be wary of. The perfect book to have if you're planning on or thinking of going to Cambodia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual good quality Rough Guides, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
I used this for my trip thus summer to Cambodia and it was faultless: up-to-date, good maps, interesting information to read on those long bus trips...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
I haven't read the entire book yet, but I can already tell that this guide is complete and helpful. It has a lot of informations, I find it really interesting. One thing's missing: there aren't a lot of prices about accomodations and so on, but I guess in Countries like Cambodia you can't expect nothing but cheap deals (both for accomodations, food and tours). Anyway, I would suggest it to anyone I know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
The book is full of the information required and appeared up to date.Good value , just a more detailed map required

4.0 out of 5 stars Book seems to be pretty comprehensive but will only know for sure once I've visited Cambodia., 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
I've done a fair amount of overseas traveling over the years and I normally swear by the Lonely Planet guides. This time however a friend has already loaned me his copy of his Cambodia LP so I decided to invest in a second guide book as well. I have used Rough Guide books in the past when LP wasn't available hence my decision to order this publication. From first impressions it looks very encouraging read but as I said, I wont really know how helpful or accurate it is until I go on holiday later this year. Its a shame that Amazon don't seem to have a mechanism for posting follow-up reviews further down the line which would be more useful in this instance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest edition, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
Excellent book for anyone visiting Cambodia.The history section is very important as this is a country emerging from such tragedies

3.0 out of 5 stars Got us round, 5 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good info, 9 Oct 2013
Louise Taylor (Seoul, South Korea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
Perfect for anyone wanting to read up on Cambodia before their trip. This guide like all of the Rough Guide series has a nice, concise chapter on the history and culture of the country which I found interesting to read.

There are lots of basic but good maps for the different cities and good maps for the temples at Siem Reap which you can easily use to find your way around.

As always the pricing information in these books is a little out of date by the time they are published but with this guide I didn't find it horrifically different, unlike the Lonely Planet guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful companion, full of useful advice and tips, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia (Paperback)
An indispensable companion in Cambodia. My only reservation is a shortage of detailed city, site, and monument maps and plans. Otherwise, great.

The Rough Guide to Cambodia
The Rough Guide to Cambodia by Beverley Palmer (Paperback - 1 Aug 2011)
9.79