on 18 December 2011
I can't offer a comparitive review as this was the only guide I took with me, but it's very detailed and is really essential if you want to get the most out of your time in Yellowstone and Teton. Really, a very small price to pay compared to the £'ooos spent on the trip itself.
on 17 May 2012
I bought 2 different tour guides so I could choose between them - and kept this one. Both were equally informative, but this title scored better on the layout of the text. Although sometimes the page is split into columns, mostly it reads like a normal book from left to right across the whole page. This makes it much easier to read than short columns only containing about 3 words that are continually hyphenated at the end of each sentence (as does the Lonely Planet one). I can't think of anything it has missing, as we haven't been on our trip yet. It breaks up Yellowstone Park in to different sections which is great for us as we are staying at two different locations within the park.
It's easy to dip into and contains lots of facts and useful tips, like which trails to take and how long they are.
A good buy - but only got one other book to compare it too!
on 31 March 2014
We were able to plan a wonderful visit thanks to the information in this book. Knowing what to expect was of great assistance when deciding how long to allocate to this part of the trip. What a beautiful and fascinating place, in such a beautiful part of the world. Spent days walking, enjoying both fauna and flora (ticked every box that we set out to.)
Can't wait to return when I retire and have more time!!
on 5 November 2012
Good well laid out book with all the information required for a daily trip to Yellowstone and details of things for kids to do
on 16 September 2015
used this book when in Yellowstone and grand teton last year and found it very helpful a really good guide and would highly recommend
on 15 June 2015
Very well written describes Yellowstone and Grand Teton attractions, walks and limited surrounding area.
on 22 September 2014