4.0 out of 5 stars Rough Guide Greece
Published 18 months ago by Mr. D. G. Monk

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better
The rough guide to Greece is reasonably comprehensive. I've only awarded it 3 stars because the kindle editions maps are not as good as those found in the paper book and the lack of a comprehensive index is annoying.

For more detailed guides to archeological sites I still rely on a Blue Guide!
Published 13 months ago by Pen

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough Guide Greece, 8 Jan 2013
Mr. D. G. Monk "David of Taunton" (Taunton England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Greece (Paperback)
As a Rough Guide enthusiast I added this to my growing bookshelf recently - just before visiting two entirely different Greek locations. The content was every bit as good as I have come to expect, although the "new layout" came as something of a disappointment. I am very comfortable with the old layout of the guides, and found the changes hindered rather than helped. I expect newcomers to the Rough Guide community would be perfectly happy though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too often just plain wrong, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Greece (Paperback)
I used to always travel with the Rough Guides as they were reliable, informative and opinionated. For doing a road trip around mainland Greece we bought this as the most up to date guide book out there. We were disappointed at almost every stop we made. Above all else it was just a bit bland.

Many museum and archaelogical site opening times were wrong, some museums which have clearly been open for several years weren't even in the book (eg at Thermopylae), etc. It just lacked accuracy and often lacked any great detail when you were away from the main tourist areas.

Looks like the days of printed guide books are at an end as we found it was usually more reliable to find a free wi-fi spot and look up some Greek websites or maps ourselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough guides good but not on a kindle, 29 Nov 2013
Having a guide on a kindle might save on weight but is quite frustrating when you need to flick back and forth and mark hotels - maybe the solution is to put the narrative detail on kindle and a smaller version on information on places in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rough Guides continue to evolve, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Greece (Paperback)
This replaced our well worn 1998 edition. The new layout, together with colour printing and greatly improved maps made it a worthwhile purchase. Still prefer the printed guide book to e-editions, and Rough Guides have always been my first choice. Just back from 3 weeks travelling around the mainland and a few islands - found this book to be accurate and very useful. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 27 Jun 2013

For more detailed guides to archeological sites I still rely on a Blue Guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative guide., 25 May 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Greece (Paperback)
Useful guide to Greece. Covers all you'd expect from how to get there, get around, where to stay and eat and things to do. Wouldn't travel without it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tell me more, Tell me more, 24 Jun 2014
P Benson "Englishbob" (England) - See all my reviews
Bought as a study aid for my teenage son's Film Studies A Level the book offers no insight whatsoever to the events of Thunder Road nor whether the FBI were able to identify the T'Birds from their "Blue Moon" dance. A postive side effect however is his indepth knowledge of the Dodecanese and how best to prepare a Feta Cheese salad. Not a total loss after all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 July 2014
Good guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic info for the Greek island traveller, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Greece (Paperback)
The information provided is excellent, I would recommend this book to anybody considering island hopping or just booking a holiday in Greece

The Rough Guide to Greece
The Rough Guide to Greece by Greg Ward (Paperback - 1 May 2012)
11.89