I own a large and growing collection of 'Rough Guides' and this one, The Rough Guide to Hawaii', is the latest. I also collect the 'Lonely Planet' and 'DK' guide books but my collection of Rough Guides easily outnumber the other guides put together.

It maybe a subjective impression but I believe the Rough Guides cover more topics and have greater depth than the other guides, as well as presenting the information contained therein in a more user-friendly way. Colour photos and clear illustrations can be found on most pages and the amount of detail and the variety of descriptions is, in my opinion, without equal. What's more, these guides are nice to handle and easy to flip through although I cannot explain why this is important to me.

Regrettably I have never been to Hawaii and may never do so. However, if I do visit these Pacific group of islands I will be certain to take my Rough Guide with me.
on 6 December 2012
I like the rough guide format and this guide is no exception. Good coverage of all the islands. I would recommend to anyone travelling to Hawaii who wants an all-round guidebook covering sights, accommodation, eating, transport, history and culture.
on 17 April 2009
brilliant and comprehensive book. i highly recomend and will be using this brand of books again in the future
on 25 November 2009
I bought this as a birthday present for a friend visiting Hawaii next year - she loves it and using it to plan her trip and make sure she visits all the best spots.
on 22 March 2013
Great book covering all areas we were looking for. Ideal for reference and we bought smaller guide for family member to take with them
on 4 September 2014
Great book, Had loads of information on the different areas, was great to plan the trip and once out there to read up on places we were going to.
on 24 June 2014
Just what is needed when planning a trip to Hawaii. The book is informative, easy to use, and of a high quality. Recommended.
on 19 February 2015
Definitely second hand ex library book lots of labels and elderly looking
on 16 July 2014