4.0 out of 5 stars Best available for history and backgrounds
Published on 21 Nov 2009 by Gong-Li

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget about kindle maps
If the previous reviewer had not made it clear enough: the maps in Kindle edition are worthless. They are of such low resolution that it is hard to see make out anything. This book totally ruined my day-trip plan in Amsterdam.

Further, the book is 2010 edition which is very outdated. Amsterdam definitely changed a lot in these years.
Published 5 months ago by Mr. Queensway, the "right...

4.0 out of 5 stars Best available for history and backgrounds, 21 Nov 2009
I'm Dutch and have lived in Amsterdam for half my life. I started reading this guidebook for fun, not because I need one in my own city. I was amazed about the accuracy of the historic backgrounds and read things I hadn't known before. I started to look at streets, buildings and neighbourhoods from a different perspective, amazing! Perhaps this book is not the best for practical facts etc. but to get a good 'feeling' for Amsterdam this is absolutely the best, much better than Lonely Planet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to a great city, 26 Feb 2011
I used this book regularly on visits to Amsterdam and it was an essential reference tool. I loved the city so much, I decided to move there - and have never looked back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Paperback)
Rough Guides are my favourites and this one doesn't disappoint. Well laid out so everything is found easily. Author very knowledgeable. Great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget about kindle maps, 25 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 16 Dec 2013
The maps are totally unfit for a kindle or even a tablet. I previously tried the sample and was silly enough to try the full product. Big, expensive mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Paperback)
Rough guides are the best travel guides.
Never having been to Amsterdam before my rough guide was very useful and informative. Having maps that cover each separate area makes finding your way around much easier. All the essential sights are covered, as well as some more obscure ones.
Don't waste your money on any other guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I've got my own copy, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Paperback)
Last time I visited Amsterdam, I used a friend's copy so for my next trip I've got my own. It's got all the info I need to plan an full and interesting return visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 April 2012
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Paperback)
Gives u all u need 2 find ur way about plus practical tips like booking anne franke house online to avoid q's. Happy with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Roug Guide Amsterdam review, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Paperback)
Arrived in good time. Great maps and solid info on the attractions. Other books have the more "down to earth" view on Amsterdam though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and reliable, 11 Sep 2011
Asef Ahmed (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Paperback)
Like all Rough Guides, there is stacks of information in here to cater for all tastes. Found nothing factually wrong and we tried all the suggestions in the kids section with our 5 and 2 year olds... all of which went down well. So no complaints.

The Rough Guide to Amsterdam
The Rough Guide to Amsterdam by Karoline Densley (NOW THOMAS) (Paperback - 14 Jan 2010)