on 17 March 2009
After getting comments from my girlfriend that despite being dutch I don't know any of the interesting sites in my own country. Since I buy a Rough Guide for every country I visit I thought that buying on for The Netherlands would be nice. Haven't read all of it yet but reading about Amsterdam where I live it gets it right. The guide is complete en tells you more than the every day obvious sights to see.

As every Rough Guide this one is a good reverence for visiting The Netherlands and not missing out on anything.
on 1 August 2011
I brought this book prior to a month long visit to The Netherlands, throughtout my visit I working throught out the whole country. This book proved to be very useful, as I would usually found myself in a new city every few days. The book gave great info on where to head in the evenings and living spots to have a drink or to relax. It gave good suggestions on where to stay in each region and by the end of the trip it was consulted daily! It proved to be worth every penny :)
on 3 January 2012
The Rough Guide has been my guide book of choice for many destinations over the years and was delighted to see that they were now producing kindle versions. However, it was a great disappointment. The only hyperlinks are from the table of contents and there is no index. So this meant that the book was very difficult to browse - if only it had contained a hyperlinked index! Although one might expect the price to be lower for an electronic book, in fact it was slightly more expensive than the printed copy (albeit just a couple of pence more) - but with no index, maps that were unreadable (you can't zoom into them) and few hyperlinks, I wouldn't recommend this. Sadly, I will also be reluctant to buy another kindle version guide book from Rough Guides. Overall I would say that the content is as good as ever but the format? Rubbish.
on 29 June 2011
This is a great book it's very informative and enabled us to visit some gems we would not have seen otherwise. Well written with some humour.
on 19 February 2015
Bought Austria and so enjoyed it, bought this one - have travelled in both countries and wanted a memory update - expensive new but cheap 2nd hand - have since bought about 10 and linger 'on holiday' often without need to fly or pack!! As a preparation for home or abroad can highly recommend and for this one, 2nd hand, delivery was quick....Lots of info in them and maps and pix as well - brill...Squirrel 59 - Thur 19.2.14
on 15 June 2012
We used this guide when visiting recently and found it very helpful in finding out about the areas we wished to visit. As car drivers it would have been helpful to have more details on parking in towns, costs and locations and use of parking meters.
VINE VOICEon 8 September 2010
A good overall guide to The Netherlands and I like the History, Art & Literature sections very much. I have visited The Netherlands over 20 times and wanted a book to remind me of all the places I had been to in the past.(My previous guide book is over 25 years old!!) I took it with me this August 2010 and found it useful.
My one criticism is I would have liked a photograph for the major towns to jog my memory.
on 12 May 2013
I used the guide to visit Amsterdam and Den Haag. Many information about Amsterdam but not too many as some guides. Perfect if you don't have much time to visit the Netherlands.
on 8 January 2013
Have ordered this as a guide for my holidays next August . I have used other rough guides and have always found them a good guide to areas.
on 18 October 2015
Great book if you're travelling around the Netherlands for the basic info/history...not if you are aiming to stay in one area.