on 28 July 2011
Full of excellent and up to date information. Very easy to use but the layout could be improved when it comes to the Eating & Drinking section as it is very poorly laid out. The guide is split up into areas of the city but all the restaurants, bars etc are all together at the back, when you read the reviews of a bar, restaurant etc it doesn't have the page number next to it. This means that you are constantly flicking backwards and forwards to try and match up the review at the back of the book, to it's location in the chapter which is at the front of the book.

If the layout was better it would be a five star book.
on 3 May 2011
I haven't yet taken my trip to Chicago but i've done some research using this guide & find it to be very informative & well written. The test, for me is actually using a travel guide while I'm on the trip but i've always found the Rough guides to be the best. I was a long time user of Lonley Planet Guides, but would definately rate the Rough Guides better, I Like the lay out, the different sections & the ever helpful index. I've found this guide to contain all I need to know in & is non fussy, easy to navigate & generally reader friendly. Very satisfied with my guide.