on 25 May 2013
Not knowing much about basic Economics I searched for an appropriate book that would bring me up to date. This served the purpose well.
on 2 April 2013
The book was exactly what I wanted... The broad but brief overview was great in refreshing my overall perspective of economic theory and made it easy for me to recognise which parts in particular I wanted to read into further with additional reading.
on 22 April 2013
This series is great if you feel you should know more than you do about a certain subject, or just want to recap what you learnt at school/college. (Also useful for people with a short attention span!)
on 14 April 2014
This book is excellent for covering all key economic theories in a clear and memorable way.

It offers accurate authorised summaries, followed by examples, indicating further study sources if required.

As a straight-through read it requires concentration, well-rewarded.

As a book of reference for would-be or practicing economists it is invaluable.

Hurry UK A-Level students.

You've still got time!
on 20 January 2014
This is not a book for someone who wants to have an in depth knowledge of economics. It is a "dipper" for the person who knows very little. The descriptions of the topics are at a consistent introductory level. They are well hyper-linked between the themes and the people. I would never read it start to finish, but it sits on my Kindle and when I have a few moments - I dip in. Good for a quid, I wouldn't pay much more.
on 28 February 2014
I find this sort of simple overview very helpful for the understanding of world affairs and the different economic theories that have shaped the world we are in today.
it is quite shocking to realise how much is at stake for the whole of the global family in which we live when we are subject to some man's economic theory proposed without too much thought of the morality behind it
on 1 June 2014
An excellent canter through economic theories. What I found particularly helpful are the frequent cross references to theories outlined elsewhere in the book.
"30 seconds"? You would have to be a fast reader (or already well-versed in economics) to get through any one theory in less than 2 minutes.
on 9 January 2013
These are a great series of books. I bought four different ones for xmas presents and they went down really well; would be good for either adults or older children who want a basic introduction to a subject. They are accessible and cover a lot of ground. If you feel pretty ignorant about a subject, this is a good way of getting a feel for the basic terms, concepts, etc. Having said that, one of my children is doing politics A-level (so should already know quite a bit about the subject) but has read the politics version and also thought it was great. They also look really nice and are well presented - so make good presents.
on 1 February 2014
An excellent primer for armchair economists! Would thoroughly recommend . If you are not interested in this stuff then you should be!
on 8 February 2014
Some of the theories are not explained. The author simply gives a brief idea of the person who developed the theory.