on 16 January 2013
I bought this book hoping for some clarification ~ most of the writing in impenetrable, and requiring a much wider knowledge of philosophy.
on 20 June 2013
Simple, clear concise no mean feat when you are talking about Philosophy!

The author presents some the most fundamental ideas in Philosophy in an provocative and entertaining manner. At the least it gives a credible dinner conversation, at the best it may be the first time in your life you have thought about things that really matter.

Put it on your coffee table!
on 14 February 2013
This is hard work and may be looked upon a reference rather than a good read. I got the odd gem but not much more.
on 13 October 2013
Coffeetable book - lovely binding, good quality paper - great for quick reads with tea or coffee... you can read each shot chapter separately or read the whole thing in one go. Great present for those curious about the world.
on 29 November 2013
I thought this book was pretty good and left me wanting more.

I have a degree in philosophy and have always kept up an interest. For the philosophers i already know well I thought the summaries were extremely good which is a good yardstick for the others which I knew less or nothing about. So in all well worth giving it a go.
on 23 January 2013
I paid an excellent price for this book. Easy to read yet informative. Will be very helpful for my philosophy group. Worth buying if you want to find out a broad overview of philosophy.
on 24 February 2013
i know it only says 30 seconds, but it doesn't really get to the point. no really recommended even though it was only 20p
on 24 November 2013
Just like other articles, literature that I have read on Philosophy I need to reread them more than once to try to understand whether I agree with what is being postulated. Some I agree with others, I cannot understand the original statement or argument so find difficulty in following the philosophy based on that. Given time perhaps I will understand these.
on 4 June 2011
Interesting idea (great thoughts summarised into a single page - or paragraph), but quickly outlives its usefulness (just Google the stuff!).
on 14 April 2014
Useful reminder of basic ideas of ideas, especially on Kindle where one can move between related philosophies. The brevity helps in seeing easily the history of philosophical thought development.