5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read - episodic and funny
Really will only ever be read by Irish - and probably only 1st and 2nd generations born outside of Ireland, with warm thoughts about our homeland. it's a lovely homage to Irish Mammies and sometimes Irish Daddies and the rest of the gang too. Lots of use of well known Irish words that arent 'cod' Irish. I've re-read this about 3 times now - Kindle version - on flights, on...
Published 12 months ago by AnitafromBoro

3.0 out of 5 stars The sayings of "old school " Irish mothers.
It brought back memories, though the anecdotes were not that amusing really. Maybe more interesting to non-Irish people. Good tips for parenting as well!
Published 18 months ago by E. N. Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great craic!, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Isn't It Well For Ye?: The Book of Irish Mammies (Hardcover)
For those if us who have ever met an typical Irish woman (similar to Mrs. Doyle or 'Father Ted'), this book is a great laugh. The title alone reminds me so much of Irish women. Very good book if you've ever been in the presence of a typical Irish woman, not just the mammies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 23 Feb 2013
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I read about this book on Twitter and knew that I just had to get a copy for my Mum. She's the genuine thing, a real 'Irish Mammy' and just looking at the cover reminds me of her - oh that bloody hot water bottle - even with double-glazing and central heating, she just can't let it go!

The book is great fun, I loved it and Mum loved it. Anyone with an Irish Mammy, or who knows an Irish Mammy will enjoy this little gem. Such familiar sayings and little quirks that made me nod my head and giggle along.

A great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost wee-ed myself!, 15 Feb 2013
Bought for my sister's birthday and she almost didn't get to enjoy this as I wanted to read it all first! Incredibly funny and accurate musings on the thoughts of Irish Mammies - I want to buy a copy for all my friends! Unfortunately doesn't include some of my own Irish Mammy's incredible comments ("that veronica (keenly spreading plant) would grow on your face" and "that smell would knock down bees" to name only a couple!). Fabulous book. Lobes of an Irish Mammy's brain especially amusing. Buy it! Well worth money and delivered promptly in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book, 8 Mar 2014
Humourous book for those who appreciate the uniqueness of Irish mothers (and grandmothers), I purchased this as a gift for my brother and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for a friend, 5 Feb 2014
Bought to accompany the other book in this series for a friend. Received on time and in minimum packaging. A quick flick through showed me I'd chosen well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 26 May 2013
Really made me laugh out loud in places. I can hear all my Irish friends in one or another part of the book. Very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars What makes your Irish Mammy tick!, 12 Mar 2013
This book will appeal to anyone brought up in the North or South of Ireland who wonders about their mammy's fascination with airing beds and the mystery of the organisation of the hot press amongst other things. The book describes the Irish Mammy perfectly and explains all those idiosyncracies that made your mother what she was. I now understand why you shouldn't bring people home uninvited and the parental fascination with airing all the clothes you keep at home before you visit by putting them either on the clothes line or in the tumble dryer. Also why the electric blanket on the bed you will be sleeping in when you visit is switched on daily a week in advance - it's all in the airing! A book to dip in and out of that will make you laugh out loud and none of the rudeness of that Mrs. Brown!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Hilarious!!, 27 Nov 2013
I bought this for my 'Irish Mammy' for Christmas but couldn't resist reading the first couple of chapters. Just hilarious. Sayings and incidents that I have grown to know and love! Irish mammy attempting text messaging is priceless!

Granted that you may have to know an Irish mammy to appreciate the humour! But if you do have one, buy this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 July 2014
Absolutely hilarious, the Irish mammies are great!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor literature, 5 Nov 2013
The silliest book I;ve had for years.. Scrappy and childish. Fit for a kids shelf -.waste of money.No need for more words

Isn't It Well For Ye?: The Book of Irish Mammies
Isn't It Well For Ye?: The Book of Irish Mammies by Colm O'Regan (Hardcover - 25 Oct 2012)