Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 December 2013
I love Ronald Blythe's writings. How he combines the seasons, the lives of Christian Saints, church calendar, writers, painters, musicians and everyday life into a short article is amazing. It makes for an easy, natural spirituality to be experiences by the reader.
on 11 November 2013
I have all of the Wormingford books and this one only just adds to the intense and soothing pleasure of reading Ronald Blythe again . Hope there will be more to follow .
on 14 January 2014
I bought this book to read aloud to my stepmother over the Christmas holidays. She is a nature-lover now house-bound and with poor sight so it seemed appropriate. It turned out to be perfect - short beautifully written evocative pieces, full of this writer's detailed observation, good humour and loving appreciation of the scenes and people around him. And after a week of reading maybe two excerpts a day, there is still plenty left for my next visit.
on 9 December 2013
Robert Blythe captures landscape, mood and gentle spirituality with accomplished ease and is a comforting and encouraging read. Warmly recommended for winter evenings.
on 29 August 2014
Another masterpiece by Ronald Blythe. I first read these essays week by week in the Church Times but it is great to dip into them again. A book to keep witin reach by the bedside.
on 19 February 2014
I bought this book for my wife who already has most of his other publications. It did not disappoint and she is now looking for more!
on 15 June 2014
My mum has read the articles in this book in the Countryman magazine and has enjoyed buying it for her elderly friends
on 15 April 2014
Ronald Blythe's usual thoughtful view of Suffolk, life and living. (No more words to add) No more words I said!
on 19 November 2014