Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 November 2012
This is a truly magical and wonderful book. I keep looking at the book and see more and more each time I examine the paintings. I can't understand why I had never heard of Kurt Jackson before I bought an Art Magazine recently with a review of his latest book (of which I have also bought a copy).His paintings have impressed me so much that I can't get them out of my mind.He is a very clever and talented artist and should be hailed as one of the "Greats".
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 February 2012
With 90 colour illustrations and a further 40 in black and white, accompanied by interesting and intelligent text from recognisable names, this book gives a wonderful insight into the art and artist that is Kurt Jackson. I admire Kurt Jackson immensely, so I thought this book a real treasure. I love the seascapes best but all the work is interesting. If you have ever thought ill of contemporary art - take a look at this book - I'm sure it will change your mind. Jackson's work embodies a gorgeous use of colour, a sense of place and time, capturing the essence and beauty of a place with lively work. Highly recommended. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 2 June 2013
A wonderful book, a great overview of Kurt's interests, projects and resultant bodies of work. Reviewed and presented beautifully by eleven different critics who have all chosen a different aspect of Kurts work to discuss. It's a deleight to see the diversity of Kurts work and how that reaches such a wide audience, stunning images. If you only bought one of Kurt's books, this should be the one.
on 3 January 2014
Love Kurt Jackson's work and this book is a good value look at some of his landscapes. Some books about this painter are very expensive but this is good value. Lots of information about the person behind the brilliant paintings as well as good quality pictures of his landscape work.
on 31 January 2014
Really enjoyed this book, well written and great picture. I got a real insight into Kurt's work and working methods.
on 11 February 2014
Very interesting reading on the artist, as well as lots of good reproductions. It s the kind of art book that can inspire you about contemporary landscape all over again.
on 13 December 2013
A highly inspirational book, well written with great quality photographs of Jackson's work. I would thoroughly recommend it. A very good price too.
on 21 April 2013
A wonderful book about a very inspired painter, full of fabulous quality illustrations and accounts of the artist and his work by people who know him. I found it refreshing because its not academic or tutoring which left me to simply enjoy feasting my eyes on the many pictures and enjoy accounts of him which included one or two tit-bits of his working process.... loved it!
on 27 December 2012
Alongside 'The sketchbooks of Kurt Jackson' this is a fantastic introduction to the stunning, singular multi media art of Kurt Jackson. I cannot recommend this book or this artist too highly. The essays that accompany the art are thoughtful without being too heavy and provide a little background to the artist and his work. Buy, beg, steal or borrow.
on 1 October 2015
I love this book. I'd never head of Kurt Jackson until it popped up in a 'other customers who bought that also bought...' bar on amazon and I instantly fell in love with the cover painting. I don't regret that impulse purchase as each illustration is a riot of colour and texture that also make up figurative images.