5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly entertaining
Published on 10 Feb 2010 by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Please may I have My Football Back
Good, interesting well written book for general football fans, but especially Man City folk. As far as I'm aware very few errors in spelling, grammar or facts that I know of !
Published on 13 May 2010 by D. Chalmers

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly entertaining, 10 Feb 2010
Dave (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Please May I Have My Football Back: My Life at Manchester City (Paperback)
A wonderfully written book, quite obviously written from the heart and full of Eric's humour and emotion. It provides an interesting insight into the world of English footbal in the latter half of the century from the Boardroom perspective. It also adds some interesting stories of the interactions between clubs, especially Manchester City and Manchester United back in the days when football was more of a gentlemans game.

A lot of Chief Executives in football could learn a lot of respect and wisdom from reading this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Please may I have My Football Back, 13 May 2010
D. Chalmers "City 1477" (Manchester) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your time and money - don't buy this book, 5 April 2010
Blue Thru and Thru (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Plodding, dull and self-congratulatory are just some of the descriptions that would make this book seem more interesting than is actually the case. It is written in the style of a bad sixth-form essay ('What I did in the last six decades?') and reveals almost nothing of interest to this die-hard City fan. It only got one star because no stars was not an option. Dreadful.

ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Please May I Have My Football Back: My Life at Manchester City
Please May I Have My Football Back: My Life at Manchester City by Eric Alexander (Paperback - 19 Oct 2009)
8.96