5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guidance for Academic Writing
Excellent Guidance for Academic Writing!! I wish I found this book at the early stage of my PhD. Love format and writing style of the author - clear, concise, interesting and easy to follow on boxes of conclusion in each chapter. I would like to meet her in person one day. Super woman :) Impressive :)
Published on 12 Jun 2011 by CS

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I came across this book whilst visiting a colleague in Italy who thought very highly of it. I thought it might be of value to our students so I had a look through and saw that whilst it had much to recommend it, it also had some fundamental errors that I could not condone:
Published on 4 July 2012 by D. McCollin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guidance for Academic Writing, 12 Jun 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly prepared writing tutorial, 13 Jun 2010
Y. Tenzer (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book looks thoroughly into the aspects of research writing not only from the language aspects but also from the structure. I personally, being a non-native-speaker, found it as a priceless guide because it features useful vocabulary, tips, examples and step-by-step guiding. This book was of a great help during my struggle towards the first journal publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended book for university student, 29 Dec 2013
The most favorite I like the book is for non-native speakers. The book has comprehensive content for fresh people who is the first time to write research dessert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Science Research Writing, 28 Nov 2013
It's a good book,full of advice and terms.It is clear and divided into sections corresponding to the section of a scientific paper. I really like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 July 2012
- the use of the term 'Methodology' for Methods. Methodology is the study of methods and in most contexts is not directly substitutable for the word Methods.
- It recommends putting discussion in the Results. My colleague in Italy had followed its recommendations and submitted a paper, and received feedback from the journal that there was Discussion in the Results.

I don't have the book to hand so cannot go through it with a fine-tooth comb but I was sufficiently concerned given these mistakes that I felt I had to flag them up here. On the plus side, the book appears to provide lots of examples of the way English is used. I hope a 2nd edition comes out that addresses the weaknesses since this book has the potential to be very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, 31 July 2014
Bianconi Francesco (Perugia, Italy) - See all my reviews
Very useful; most probably the best of its kind.

Science Research Writing: A Guide for Non-Native Speakers of English
Science Research Writing: A Guide for Non-Native Speakers of English by Glasman-Deal Hilary (Hardcover - 18 Feb 2010)
42.03