5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful selection of poems, 26 Sep 2011
Ms A. Breen (Coventry, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Poems (Paperback)
This is a delightful selection of poems categorised under 14 different headings:
Love, Events, Distant Lands, Home and Work, War and Heroism, Animals, Children's Poems, Wit and Humour, Into the Shadows, Food and Drink, Nature, Weather and Season's, Life and Death and Lasting Classics.

It is a really good introduction to poetry for kids, which includes lots of the old favourites with very appealing illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Great Poems (Paperback)
I am a poet and a great lover of poetry and I refer to this book as my bible. It is beautifully laid out, beautifully illustrated and packed full of wonderful poetry. This is a book for all ages. I read some of these to my two year old and get such enjoyment from it myself. There are lots of categories and as well as being a stunning presentation of poetry, you also get a brief history of the poem/poet too. I can't recommend this highly enough and cannot say enough good things about this. If you love poetry, this is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars poetry book, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Great Poems (Paperback)
super book,exactly what I was looking for to use in my U3A Poetry Group, several other people have the same one.

Great Poems
Great Poems by Belinda Gallagher (Paperback - 1 May 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01