4.0 out of 5 stars No Nonsense approach to Great Food.
OK, when it comes to food I'm a simple guy, I like good quality produce, cooked to perfection with ingredients to enhance the experience that don't overpower the meal's main "star." Too many chefs believe that people want Nouvelle Cuisine style food that requires GPS to locate it and over complicate things through the use cheffy terms that confuse the reader as well as...
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

2.0 out of 5 stars Decadent
I liked this book at first - its attractive and quirky with some interesting fare - but now I've tried a selection of recipes I've found they are mostly heavy on salt & sugar and carbs. Good tips on cooking steak - but otherwise recipes mostly too stodgy, calorific and over-flavoured. Back of the cupboard book.
Published on 5 Feb 2012 by L. A. Ellett Iolite

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for all meat lovers, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Hawksmoor at Home: Meat - Seafood - Sides - Breakfasts - Puddings - Cocktails (Hardcover)
This was a birthday present for my other half. We've tried several of the recipes so far and they are all amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook Books, 22 May 2013
Got lots of other books about meat, fish, slow cooking etc. But this also has excellent breakfast and vegetable ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed the way I eat and cook, 21 Mar 2013
This book has taught me so much about meat and sourcing good meat. It's changed the way I look at it and taught me that it's worth eating less but eating better quality. I've steadily been trying loads of the recipes including salads, burgers, cocktails, puddings. Nothing has disappointed never thought I'd use the book so often. Highly recommend it, and praying for a follow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars My type of cook book..., 4 Dec 2012
Loved everything about this cook book but also the ethics behind the food husbandry in general.

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet (so probably you are wondering why I'm bothering to review) but having read the book, the ingredients, cooking times etc they are plenty of things I'm raring to go on. Christmas this year will be a goose stuffed with Stollen.

I am buying this as my secret santa for a mate whose also a big foodie and also like me a carnivore. A couple of other friends who have seen my copy of the book are also now planning on a purchase. It's that kind of book, recipes and food concepts you just buy into.

Whilst to me Jamie Oliver is just Nigella at her most boring on a diet, this is Hugh F-W on pharmaceutically approved low dose steroids and this I can buy into. Whilst I wouldn't eat like this every day it is my sort of food, steaks, meat, seafood & great desserts with a very strongly British grounding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawksmoor "Brilliant!, 14 May 2012
Brought the book prior to visiting the Covent Garden restaurant, book is excellent
very interesting to learn about the history as well as cooking methods, cuts of meat etc.
Would recommend the restaurant as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book!, 4 Mar 2012
It was for a present and the person loved it! I liked this book more than I expected. This book truly is a must-read for anyone who loves cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars I could eat this book!, 16 Feb 2012
Ossnob (Nottingham England) - See all my reviews
Never heard of this team or restaurant but was intrigued by other reviews. Glad I spent my christmas voucher so wisely.

I was hooked as soon as I opened it - even took it to read in bed - it's not just about 'recipes' or 'how to cook....'it's the complete deal.
The historical references,anecdotes,drawings and pictures, the animal husbandry, I have no fault with the book, I just loved it's highly readable from start to finish.
Just in case I haven't made my point already, I've raved about it to fellow cookery book addicts as one of my top books. (Oh, and that I'd been cooking my steaks the same way these guys recommend - made me feel just a little smug too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Feb 2012
Every time I open this book my mouth waters. The recipes are excellent, the photos really do them justice & they use normal everyday ingredients.
A must have for all food lovers - especially carnivores!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 15 Jan 2012
great book filled with loads of exciting recipes, interesting descriptions and vivid and detailed pictures. A brilliant buy. Want to go to restaurant now

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 28 Dec 2011
Really lovely book, great for a present. Great for the foodies in your family / friednship circle, and a great looking book for a coffee table!

Hawksmoor at Home: Meat - Seafood - Sides - Breakfasts - Puddings - Cocktails