5.0 out of 5 stars Cor! What a scorcher!
Published on 5 Jun 2011 by Mrs B

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed
Published on 22 Aug 2011 by Mr. Am Kennedy Mrs Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cor! What a scorcher!, 5 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
Apologies for choosing one of The Sun's headlines, which usually appears when the temperature reaches the low 70s, but that's the best way I can describe the latest book from Kimberley Chambers. Although it would enjoyable to read this as a "stand alone" book, it really helps if you've read the others in the trilogy and know all about the O'Haras and the Mitchells and the dreadful feuds, murders and marriages that have taken place.

Without wanting to give any of the dramatic content away, I can promise fans of Miss Chambers a wonderful read, that will have you on the edge of your seat and one that will meet all expectations. I bought my copy yesterday and had to finish it in one go. In my case, this meant a 3.30-in-the-morning bedtime! I'm a fast reader, and often "skim read" passages, but in the case of The Victim, I needed and wanted to read every word. By the time I'd reached the last few chapters, I was so gripped by the fast-moving action, and my own visualisation of the scenes, that I was tempted to shout out "look behind you"!!!

Kimberley Chambers leads the reader through the many twists and turns, with skill and expertise, and knits the characters together in a clever and complex way. Enjoy your read everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW what am I meant to read? Can't believe it's over..., 8 Jun 2011
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
*If you plan on reading the first two parts of this trilogy please do not read this review as it will inevitably contain spoilers, as the story is so much further along now*

Every now and then as a reader you come along a new author that blows you away. You wonder how you had never picked up one of their books and if anybody else can match up to them. This is how I felt when I started reading Martina Cole in the early days. Don't get me wrong, she is still a great author but I found myself becoming more and more disappointed with her books. When I picked up my first Kimberley Chambers book I was transported back to what I fondly call the Martina Cole `early days'. Kimberley Chambers has written three excellent stand-alone books and has now finished and released the final part of the O'Hara/Mitchell trilogy.

Having read the first two parts I had a good idea of the characters and what they had been through to get to the stages they were at now. The Mitchell and O'Hara family are still battling, only this time Eddie Mitchell's daughter Frankie is in prison and there are new additions to the family such as Eddie's partner Gina. The characters themselves are first class and they are rough around the edges and frighteningly real. Because this was part 3, I was itching to know what would become of the two families and boy was I unprepared for the rollercoaster I was taken on. The book is a hefty 432 pages and we are thrown straight in at the deep end with both families from page 1.

The wonderful thing about reading her books is the sheer speed at which you are catapulted into the characters worlds. I worry about writing too much involving the characters and storyline as it is easy to give away spoilers but I will say this. You will be on the edge of your seat and will not want to put the book down. This book was read in just over a day and it didn't leave my side for too long.

The last quarter of the book is full of suspense and what if's and I found myself jigging up and down because I was so eager to get to the end. I wasn't disappointed at all and thought that Kimberley Chambers has written her best work yet. The book was wrapped up nicely, but not perfectly which again adds that touch of realism to it. The only disappointing thing for me is that as usual I have been impatient and will now have the job of counting the months until her next release.

People tend to read the same type if books and I have seen many comments saying that she is as good as Martina Cole. That statement is in my opinion incorrect, she is better than Martina Cole. For all you people that are on the lookout for a new author, if you haven't tried KC yet, maybe now is the time to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shame it had to end!!, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
Message to all you blokes out there. If you think that Kimberley Chambers books are just for the girls well you better think again. After reading the first two books in the trilogy I couldn't wait for the final offering. I would have bought the book on the Thursday it was released but when I read that KC would be signing copies at Pat's Book stall in Romford Market me and the Mrs had to go and meet her. We were not dissapointed, she was everything I expected and more. She could have been a character out of one of her books. She did tell us that she is currently writing her next book and is up to chapter 30 and should be out in April. She reckons its blinding, and who am I to disbelieve her!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab !, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
I couldn't wait for the next installment of the Mitchells and the O'Hara's, I was on the edge of my seat, not wanting to put it down. I feel like I really know these characters and was siding with which of them I wanted to come out on top. I think you really need to have read the previous books to get the full impact of this one. I can't wait for the next installment. Some of the language in the book has me giggling !! Another great book by Kimberley.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant read, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
I have just finshed reading kimberley chambers, the victim, the third book in her trilogy,the feud and the traitor being the first two, i thought it couldn't get any better than the feud, then i read the traitor and thought wow. Now i have read the victim and it blew me away.I have read all of martina cole books she is a good writer but some of her latest work has been a bit disappointing. I came accross kimberley on amazon, i purchased three of her books and when i finished them i had to get her other two.All five books i have read have been brilliant, i read each one in a day, once you start you don't want to put it down you so want to reach to the end to see what happens, each one takes you on a rollercoaster of twists and surprises, you never see whats coming.This is my first time giving a review on amazon, the reason i am giving this review is i urge anyone who reads this to go out and buy her books, i guarantee you wont be sorry. Reading kimberley's books are like watching a movie on paper, you can't put it down and you don't want it to end. Alot of people has compared her to martina cole because they write the same kind of books, i think this should stop, martina is a good writer but kimberley is in a different league.I thought i would never come accross another writer that i can say is better than martina but i have to say hand on heart kimberley chambers has taken over and is a better writer by far, can't wait for her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT READ, 10 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
Kimberley chambers if you are reading these reviews you are a fantastic writer.
I knew as soon as I read the first line I wouldn't be able to put it down, it was brilliant, so easy to read like all her books.
Can't wait for the next book to come out wished you published more than one book a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
To the point, fantasic book and sadly the last of the Mitchelles story. Kimberleys books are great and getting better, if that is possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Victim, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
I have known kim since we were both kids and shes one of the most funniest girls I know, I have read all of her books and have loved every page she has written, and as usual I didnt want this book to end, Im not gonna mention anything about the book as I wouldnt want to spoil it for anyone, but as per usual kimbo you have done yourself proud. If you have not read kims first book Billie Joe, go and get yaself a copy and you will not be able to put it down and you will find yourself on here buyin the rest of her books....... well done kim, you are a true star!!...x

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Paperback)
Have read all of Kimberley Chambers books and have loved them all, this was no exception it was all I had hoped for. but and this is a big but for me I thought the ending was terrible, this is the last one of the trilogy and there are so many things left hanging that spoiled it for me. Another couple of chapters could have let us know how Frankie coped with her kids being back in her life, her relationship with Stuart, what happened to the rest of the O'Haras especially Alice, so because I have been left wondering all this with no follow up book to answer these questions it spoiled it for me..It won't stop me buying any of her other books as they are well written and love her style of writing so look forward to her next one...

5.0 out of 5 stars great but left hanging, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Victim (Kindle Edition)
What a fab book but along with many others need to know what happened to frankie and her 'chavies ' after they came home how did they get on with brett, did she ever get on with gina, there are so many questions that need answers,Kimberly you need to write a sequel to tie all the ends up.

The Victim
The Victim by Kimberley Chambers (Paperback - 2 Jun 2011)
9.09