5.0 out of 5 stars A good chuckle for "Clue" addicts
this book is a compendium of all the "venue histories" delivered by Humph at the start of ISIHAC. Devotees will hear Humph's voice and try to emulate his fabulous delivery.
fun to read, you can dip in and out, read it from cover to cover or pick out places you know.
The one thing that I would change is to add the broadcast date, as the jokes include topical...
Published on 30 Nov 2009 by J. Geller

3.0 out of 5 stars As expected
Really a collection of radio script extracts
Funny, but not nearly so as on radio where delivery counts and where
repitition of the same intros and gags is less noticeable over time
At full book price would feel expensive for what it contains
Published 4 months ago by J. Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly, hilariously, unbelievably funny, 20 Jun 2013
Read this again and again and again, and I guarantee you will still laugh as much when you read it for the third time as you did the first. It helps if you listened to Humph doing one or more of his fabulous introductions to the town or city that I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue was coming from, because you hear his voice as you read the words, his fantastic timing delivering the real punchline just as you think you've already heard the punchline! But even if you never heard that most brilliantly funny programme while he was alive, this book is still guaranteed to be the funniest you will read this year, next year, almost any year. No doubt there is some truth about each place in there somewhere; but the way it is presented makes that irrelevant. Buy this, read it, and then buy it for all your friends, because it would be selfish in the extreme to keep such genius to yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Am still laughing, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Lyttelton's Britain: A User's Guide to the British Isles as heard on BBC Radio's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue (Paperback)
Absolutely hilarious. If you like 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' you will love this book. Some of the towns must be blushing!

4.0 out of 5 stars HUMPH AT HIS BEST, 14 Dec 2012
IF YOU ARE AN ARDENT LISTENER TO RADIO 4'S I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T A CLUE, YOU WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY LOVED MR LYTTELTON'S HUMOUR WHICH AT SOME TIME BECAME A LITTLE DARING AND CHEEKY HAVING SAID THAT I PURCHASED THIS BOOK AND IT BROUGHT BACK MANY OLD HAPPY MEMORIES, SO IF YOU LIKE TO HAVE A LAUGH AND PONDER ON THE WIT OF THIS MATURE PROGRAM THEN A COPY SHOULD BE ON A SHELF SOMEWHERE IN CLOSE REACH TO YOUR HANDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giggling gazeteer, 11 Nov 2012
I've visited many of the towns and cities mentioned in the book, and I wish I'd had the book first. Multi-laughs on every page and you can almost hear Humph's dry wit as you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humph is back I can hear him in every page, 15 Mar 2012
Excellent book, it's just amazing how this brings it all back. Good to just pick at when you need a lift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good on the page but..., 3 May 2010
...as several of the other reviewers have pointed out, it's just not the same without Humph's voice. Still, some great gags, and worth giving to any foreigner as a good primer to British history and geography. Shame that it doesn't seem to have been proofread though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 24 Dec 2012
Very good, quick and efficient customer service, would recommend to anyone, as he is a great artist. Would buy again. Thankyou.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lyttleton's Britain, 26 Mar 2010
Lyttelton's Britain: A User's Guide to the British Isles as Heard on BBC Radio's "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue"

The intro's to the weekly programme. If you read them consecutively. like a normal book, the jokes repeat and the fun diminishes.

If you can hear Humph's voice when you are reading it, it's a lot more amusing.

Useful as a 'loo' book.