Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 February 2013
SAAB cars were of particular interest to me for the first 35 years of their history, incorporating the aerodynamic and highly distinctive 92,93 & 96 models before moving up market with the 99 and then the first 900. This book is very well illustrated, including numerous photos by the author.

I found a few inaccuracies and misprints (I would have proof read it!), but it is clear the author has enormous enthusiasm for the marque. Unusually for me, the book was read from cover to cover within 3 days of delivery.

My biggest regret was not owning a real SAAB (i.e. one built before the GM period).
on 25 January 2013
The author is obviously an enthusiast and has done quite a lot of research. If you find lists of Swedish engineers interesting then you'll love this. If you find too many pages detailing the 'company ethos' and non-technical aerodynamic waffle then you'll feel like I did. I kept turning pages to see whether the book became more interesting toward the end .. it doesn't, really.
I suppose that trying to tell the tale of a small manufacturer who made only 4 or 5 models in 60 years there is the temptation to pad it out a bit. The publishers should have told the author to tighten the story and reduce the size of the book.
on 19 June 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Lots of information about the cars through the generations of models and the people behind them. Sadly we lost Eric Carlsson recently, who did so much to put SAAB "on the motorsport map". If you have any interest in the ethos behind SAAB, this is well worth a read.
on 11 April 2016
The Saab car is one of my favorite car makes and when I found this book I really wanted to purchase it. It covers the history of the Saab as well as the newer models which is what I wanted. Really happy with my purchase and I recommend this book to anyone who likes Saab cars.
on 13 January 2013
A superb book , that covers the history of SAAB cars . Well researched with great pictures and illustrations , showing what an innovative company SAAB were .
on 18 October 2013
lots of interesting info, in this and some good photo's, but as a life long saab fan, I did find there were a few factual errors, and some editing mistakes
on 10 November 2012
This is an excellent and detailed informative book on the history of this iconic and innovative brand.It emphasises to me how scientific and advanced saab was in terms of safety design, which we now take somewhat for granted.The motor industry is much the poorer for the loss of smaller innovative companies like this.
on 6 February 2013
nice and interesting book; a lot of informations
a book for Saab enthusiasts.. and others
some pictures are "well known"... !
on 5 November 2014
A kind of Saab bible. Made with passion and love by Lance Cole.
on 14 January 2015
Very comprehensive and well written