5.0 out of 5 stars Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art, 9 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
The beauty of the book is it teaches very practical techniques with their underlying concepts, so it's not necessary to memorise hundreds of variations. I would say "It reaches the parts that other eskrima books do not reach" in the chapters on projectiles, sibat, flexible weapons together with an in-depth study of knife defence and likely attacks. The comprehensive treatment surpasses anything else I have read on the subject of weaponry and self-defence. Destined to become a classic text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 28 April 2011
Henrik Lundberg (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
Books will never teach you a martial art easily, you still have to work for it but this was brillantly setup with easy to understand writing but more importantly (seen many martial art books that just have text upon text but dont have enough pictures) the picture usage is spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
I am absolutely delighted to write a review of this book. Over the years I have read many articles by Mr Godhania and they have always been very informative and filled with "nuggets of gold". This book exceeded my expectations completely. As a novice I found the technical explanations, pictures, and illustrations easy to understand. For example, I had been struggling with Florete, however, upon reading the section on the Amaras, and studying the technical diagram carefully, I saw an immediate improvement, which imbued me with renewed enthusiasm.

For a book that is 176 pages in length, I found it to be an encyclopedia of knowledge and for me a valuable resource tool. It provides an excellent insight into areas such as the history and evolution of Eskrima, principles and concepts, single and double stick, knife defence, and empty hands to name just some of the areas dealt with. Mr Godhania explains things in a manner which I feel will appeal to novices, intermediates, and advanced practitioners alike. This book is definitely a testament to his many many years of practical and theoretical knowledge on the subject.

My eyes lit up from the first moment I opened the book and have remained so every time since, and I always learn something new from Mr Godhania's explanations, especially on the finer points.

This book is one of my all time favourite martial arts books and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who wishes to gain or update their knowledge of Eskrima. As the saying goes "the more we learn, the more we realise the less we know".

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book to get started, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
A well put together book to help those interested get started. Gives good detailed instruction on the basics of eskrima. Im glad I bought it as I am now able to explore the subject with a more enquiring mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
It gives some nice points about escrima, it's story, some applications. Obviously only a practising martial artist is going to actually get something out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eskrima review, 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
this book is a very useful if you are planning to study or enhance your skills in the martial art ka-li including the sections of all different weapon work. I was looking for something quite easy to understand and this book is it, i am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Sept. 2011
Peter Jones "captaintau" (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art (Paperback)
I've had the pleasure of training with the New Zealand branch of Mr Godhania's Eskrima schools and they bought me this book at a present. Very every written with an enthusiastic undertone, this book details the history of Eskrima and many elements of the Martial Art, including single stick, double stick, knife, unarmed, projectile weapons and other, more unusual, weapons. It also contains a chapter on anatomy and another on training methods specifically for Eskrima. I heartily recommend this book for the serious practitioner of Eskrima as well as those that look to the Filipino Martial Arts to close holes in their own training.
Peter Jones, 5th Dan Aiki-Jujitsu

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Sept. 2014
Good book

Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art
Eskrima: Filipino Martial Art by Krishna Godhania (Paperback - 21 May 2010)