4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but check before letting anyone young flick through
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

2.0 out of 5 stars not suitable for children
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by lovesphotography

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but check before letting anyone young flick through, 29 Nov 2011
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
Every year when a new Ripley's arrives I can't wait to have a look through at the weird and the wonderful things that they've discovered and updated this year. There's images of the weird, the unusual and the macabre although to be honest I'm never a hundred percent sure of the market to which its aimed as for me, children would get a lot out of it yet some of the content such as the chicken heads isn't suitable.

Likewise with everything on hand with the internet you do wonder if perhaps they're missing a trick or two such as splitting the book into sections and having more pictures and greater depth stories. All in, it's well-done title, the factoids are interesting and the book is a lot of fun to flick through just be careful if you're letting anyone under twelve flick through.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
I buy this book every year for my husband he finds it fascinating!
It's a great read I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
Bought as a present for my nephew who loves books like this. Very interesting and some weird facts. Would definitely recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not suitable for children, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
I bought the 2011 edition for my daughter which I checked through re content suitability first and was happy to give to her, however this year's edition definitely had a lot of content that wasn't suitable-I took the scissors out and started to cut out certain pages before I gave it to her, I thought it would only be a couple of pages ,but when I had finished about 12 pages were gone ! It was a few weeks ago- I can't remember everything I cut out- but it was either gross, extremely crude or disturbing, especially for a child (of any age). One photo was of a matador with the horn of the bull through his face and out the other side, I just don't see someone getting hurt as being entertainment. If you're the type to allow your child watch anything they like on Tv , then this won't bother you, but if you care about what you're kids are exposed to, steer clear of this or get out the scissors !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 4 July 2014
Always a popular Christmas present. Fascinating

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun 2014
Very interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ripley's "Believe It Or Not", 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
Full of quirky facts and figures about strange and at times almost unbelievable things, people, animals and events,I regard this as an annual Christmas must purchase book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
This is quite an interesting book. There are some better books of a similar nature available.. this on isn't bad though.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
This was a purchase for my wife and believe me if you want to keep the missus quiet for a reasonable time its a must, lol, it really is a great book with things that you would have ever known about, highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 (Hardcover)
interesting book get this book every year when it comes outmy son loves collecting and reading this book would def recommend

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012
Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2012 by Robert Leroy Ripley (Hardcover - 13 Oct 2011)
16.00