Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 February 2011
Normally I avoid this kind of book. But this book I found useful and informative. I have like the style in which this book has been written. There is a chapter for preparation. She tells us that as a new dieter you should have your freeze clean, similarly if you are serious about saving money, you need to make preparation.

There are chapter for each month. This makes it easy to start using book at any time. Each month has section on food shopping. The practical and seasonal information very useful and at times amazing. Things I have learnt, I would have not ever known.

She (the writer) does not miss a trick, she gives information on how to sell goods on e bay. How to go about organising holidays. I do not think she has misses any aspect about finance requirement of a family.

Every where she has given various web address for further help or requirements. I am truly amazes that she has packed so much information in 162 pages.

She estimates that if you follow the book you could save about £6000. I think scope is rather better than she suggest.

Every family must have a copy of this book.
on 30 September 2013
Great tips, great price (amazing how much some of these money saving books cost!) and easy to read. Works for me
on 20 November 2013
loads of great money saving tips and advice, with month to month of seasonal things to do, buy and eat
on 8 January 2014
Enjoyed reading all the tips and ideas and looking forward to saving money through the year. I like how it's set into monthly chapters allowing you to skip to the necessary month to check back.
on 8 March 2013
This book was an excellent buy. It is packed full of very sebsible advice things you simply don't think of yet saves you money at every turn without you feeling like scrooge!

I highly recommend this book to everyone whether you need to tighten your belt or not as it just screams common sense.
on 29 March 2015
Excellent book and helpful information
on 30 May 2011
Smita Talati has produced a very informative book packed with many money saving ideas and references. The well written format allows you to 'dip in' at any time.

I consider it a 'must read' book for all people who cannot manage their finances effectively and would recommend it especially to youngsters starting on their journey through life.

In this respect I wish this book in its easy to read format had been available when I was younger and inexperienced with handling money. Even now when I consider myself 'money savvy' I found enough in the book to interest me.

I would endorse the comments of a previous reviewer, especially that every family must have a copy.
on 11 May 2013
This book doesn't seem to making saving an effort. Steps are easy to followed and set up, in a month by month plan. There are some really good websites. I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK.
on 20 July 2013
A Fantastic book - covers basics but also explains how to clearly works toward a saving plan. I brought for a friend, who is drowning in debt and wants to make changes - i think this book covers it all and more. Great price and Excellent fast delivery.
on 11 February 2014
Half of the book is useless if you live in another country than the author. The tax rules and dealsites mentioned in the book are not applicable where i live. And the rest of the book contains no new information to me.