5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Good Things and Bad
This is now a regular Christmas buy in our house, my son loves this book and spends hours reading it (he doesn't like books!) Loads of 'interesting' and amazing stuff - good fun for everyone!
Published on 10 Feb 2009 by G. Cooke

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good.
I bought this book as a gift for an 11 yr old child.

The book contains various things that are going on in our world, which may be described as interesting, fascinating or just plain strange. For e.g a man who tatooed a breakfast meal on his scalp or a boy who can do the splits and roller skate under a vehicle.

I had a good skim through the book and...
Published on 4 Aug 2009 by Malik

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Good Things and Bad, 10 Feb 2009
G. Cooke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ripley's Believe it or Not 2009: Prepare to be Shocked! (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 2 April 2009
Interesting book. Lots of facinating facts as always. Even better after we visited the museum. My son's 9 and absolutly can't stop reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars superb, 9 Feb 2009
I bought this book for my son-age 8 and he loved it beyond belief. At last a book loved by a boy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 year old son loves it, 16 Jun 2009
My 9 year old received this for his birthday and has had his nose buried in it for hours and keeps reading out bits to us. Wide range of coverage, substantial book, would recommend to anyone with boys who wants to encourage their reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good., 4 Aug 2009
I bought this book as a gift for an 11 yr old child.

I had a good skim through the book and read some things up, but didn't find anything that could be taken as an attempt to demean or ridicule people, so i can't agree with other reviewers who felt differently; then again, i can't disagree with them either as i never had the chance to read everything. Sorry, not helping much!!!

All i can say is that the book does help us to learn more about the world and become aware of things that we may not be used to, especially about other people. So for children and adults alike, it can help us to be more accepting, understanding and considerate to people who are different from us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I never!, 30 Jan 2009
A. Jenkins (Letchworth Garden City UK) - See all my reviews
Our 9 year old grandson is a hoover for facts he just loved this book. We have great fun discussing the various amazing facts. Would suggest anyone with children get one and has a funny but intelligent conversation!

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended read, 1 Feb 2009
Mrs. V. Chapman "Nessa" (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this book to anyone, young and old alike, it is absolutely fascinating and easy to dip in and out of. A great book for encouraging reluctant readers to get stuck in a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun book, 3 Feb 2009
Ms. J. M. Wilson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A great book with something for everyone in the family to pick up and dip into at different times. Amazing stories with plenty of pictures to amuse and titillate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ripley's Believe it or Not 2009 - what a fab book!, 6 Aug 2009
Mum Jo (Newcastle, Staffs) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 8 year old son Oliver who thought it was fantastic - he loves the weird and wonderful records and tells them to anyone who will listen. He doesn't particularly enjoy reading but he can be often found with his nose in this book - a great book and one that will be appearing on his christmas wish list in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for curious minds, 15 July 2009
B. Joseph - See all my reviews
fasinating for both kids and even adults alike. would definatly recommend this book. bought as a gift for my 10 year old and he hasn't put it down.

Ripley's Believe it or Not 2009: Prepare to be Shocked!
Ripley's Believe it or Not 2009: Prepare to be Shocked! by Robert Leroy Ripley (Hardcover - 2 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01